A reason to smile

Hinata woke up at two in the afternoon, and wasn't happy. She had slept really well, and had forgotten what had happened the night before, or who was under her. Naruto's legs and torso shifted again, and Hinata grumbled. She slowly opened her eyes and looked up. She had an arm wrapped around Naruto's stomach and her chin was resting on the bottom of his chest. It took her eyes a minute to adjust to where she was and what was going on.

Naruto seemed much more awake than her, and she was startled. How long had he been awake, staring at her?

Naruto's bright, blue eyes were something Hinata always loved to catch quick glimpses of, and right now she had a front seat view.

" You're eyes are so unique, Hinata.. They're really pretty.." Hinata listened as Naruto complimented her, and she instinctively buried her face, but at the moment she only had his chest to hide it in. She soon realized what she had did, and quickly jumped up and off of him.

She was dizzy for a moment, and nearly fell over. She caught her balance and made her way to her kitchen and drank some water. She stared over from her small kitchen, trying to remember what had happened.

" Listen, I'm really sorry about having to crash here.." Naruto spoke, getting up and off the couch, he reached over and grabbed his hoodie and threw it over his shoulders.

Within a few moments she had remembered everything; the walk and falling asleep on him.

" I'm going to go now." Naruto spoke very plainly, very uncomfortably. He stared at Hinata for a moment, as though he had ruined something very precious.

" I WANT TO TAKE YOU OUT TO BREAKFAST! "

Hinata screamed, as she slammed her glass of water onto her counter, nearly breaking it. She began to pant, she'd been holding her breath for some reason.

" What.." Naruto looked over at her, very confused.

" I don't need a pity party, and I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable.."

Hinata shook her head as Naruto spoke.

" I ruined your car, and I got blood all over your things, please let me make it up to you." Hinata brought down her head, not wanting to make eye contact with him.

Suddenly she realized how foolish she might be being, what if she was making him uncomfortable.

" I don't really have nice things, it's really okay.."

Twice, he'd denied her offer twice.

Naruto tried to leave again, but Hinata seemed to sprint for a moment and grabbed at the side of his arm, stretching the fabric of his hoodie. She had been looking at him for so long, and had wanted to see him.. The one time they hang out and she seemed like a nutcase. She enjoyed being around him, as much as it made her nervous. She didn't want to lose that because she was being too shy.

" I want to take you out to breakfast because I like you. "

There was a minute of silence between when she finished speaking and when Naruto decided to speak. She knew she had made a mistake.

" Why.."

Naruto spoke again and Hinata let go of him. She turned away from him and walked towards her front door. She was putting him on the spot. She hated that when it happened to her, why would she do it to someone she liked.

" Nevermind, it's-'

" No, really.. Your so pretty, you get great grades, I bet.. Why.. I, can barely hold a C' average.. I'm on a swim scholarship.. "