Imagine #4 Apologies (au)

It's so hard pretending like this. Just because we're at his parents' house.

I never believed what they said... About a man changing after marriage. That it just ruins the relationship. But... It's true.

I want my Louis back. No. Scratch that. I NEED my Louis back.

The last few months we've been fighting about every small and big issue. I hate this. I hate fighting with him.

When we reached the house, I could feel how much force he needed to push himself to just place his palm on my lower back.

"(Y/N), dear, what's wrong? You seem...Lost." Louis's mum asks me.

I open my mouth to answer, but Louis beats me to it.

"She's just thinking about her new promotion, Mum." Louis says.

I sigh and smile and nod as she looks at me.

"Promotion? What position are you getting?" His Dad asks.

"Director." I beat Louis.

"Congratulations, you two must feel proud." Lottie says.

I just nod.

"Eat, love, you haven't touched your food." His Mum says.

Again, as I open my mouth to say something, Louis beats me to it.

"She's just been so stressed about the new promotion." He says. 

I just sigh and place my chin above my hand.

"What was that for, honey?" Louis asks through gritted teeth, trying to smile.

"I can talk for myself, you know." I say.

"Really? You can? Is that why-"

"Louis, (Y/N)." His mother interrupts us.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"Could you excuse us for a moment?" He says and gets up.

I feel my elbow being pulled and I'm being pulled into the living room.

"What was that? I thought we agreed to not fight in front of them." He scolds.

"Well, maybe if you could've let me speak for myself, it would've went fine." I say.

"Let you speak for yourself, and what would have I done if a word slipped? If you brought up that you're thinking about the fights? I just... I don't... I had to say something." He begins to raise his voice.

"Say it. Say it, Louis. You don't trust me enough to know that I wouldn't tell them. You don't trust me enough to keep our fights a secret."

"I didn't say that!"

"That's what you meant! You almost said it!"

"Here you are again, jumping to conclusions!"

"That was once, Louis! ONCE! Why can't you get over it!"

"Keep your voice down! See, you can't keep them a secret!"

"As if they didn't hear you?! Why don't you man up and tell them we're fighting! What's the big deal!"

"So now I'm not man enough?! Wow, [Y/N], I don't know you anymore! Why can't YOU just keep it together and get in that room and pretend like nothing happened?!"

"IF YOU DON'T TRUST ME AND HATE ME THAT MUCH, WHY DON'T YOU JUST DIVORCE ME?!"

He raises his arm and in a split second, my head is pushed to the side as hotness fills my cheek.

"Louis!" His mother calls from behind him.

"Shit!" He mutters before turning around and running after his crying mother.

He slapped me. Louis slapped me.

It stings more as my tears roll down my cheeks.

"Are you ok?" Lottie comes my way.

I turn around, giving her my back.

"I'm fine.  Can you make sure Johannah is ok for me, Lottie, please?" I ask, trying to sound as normal as I can.

"Sure. I just want to make sure you're ok, [Y/N]. I'm the one who set you two up." She says.

"Also, apologize to your parents for me, please. Tell them I had to leave."

I then head to the front door and grab my keys and purse.

"What about Louis?" Lottie asks.

"We came in separate cars." I say and open the door.

As soon as I enter the car, I couldn't hold back the tears. I rest my head on my arms on the steering wheel before letting the tears flow.

He slapped me. He slapped me. How could he?

Just a few moments later, I hear the window knock. I quickly wipe my tears before looking to find it Louis.

I run the engine of the car as he continues knocking on the door.

"Please, [Y/N]. Listen to me." I hear him say before the car hits the road.

In the mirror I could see him quickly getting into his car and following me.

When I reach home, I run up to my room and take out a suit case before grabbing a bunch of my clothes from the drawer.

I hear his panting close by the door as I put more clothes. He then knocks and enters. When he sees me packing, pure shock and guilt are evident on his face.

"I'm an asshole." He says.

"Yes, you are." I say.

"[Y/N], please don't leave me."

"Why? So you could repeat your actions?"

I try to talk as calm as I can. I fold my jeans as I place them in and he just stands there, I can't see him, but he's silent. So silent that I actually thought he isn't there.

When I look up at him, I can see that he's trying his best not to cry.

"I'm sorry, [Y/N]. Please don't leave." He says, his voice shaky.

"Do you even realize what you've done, Louis?! You slapped me. You freaking slapped me." I say, clearly pissed.

I then take out three more dresses and place them in the suitcase.

"I'm so so sorry. Believe me, I don't know what came over me." He says.

I drop the dress I'm folding in the bag and look at him.

"Why don't you trust me, Louis? What happened between us?" I ask.

"I don't know. I guess... I don't know." He says.

"Just because I thought that you went to Brianna. It's normal, Louis. I'm a woman. I jump to conclusions. I get jealous. I'm a woman. How would you feel if you were in my place? If my car was found outside of James's house."

"I'd jump to conclusions. I'd think you're cheating."

"See. You don't trust me, Louis. Why?"

"I don't know." He says and bursts into tears and drops to sit on the bed.

I sigh as my own tears start to fall. I go in front of him and hug him slowly.

We both freeze for a moment. It's been a while. I even forgot his scent. Oh my god.

He wraps his arms around my waist and continues to cry.

"Please don't leave me. I love you too much to lose you." He says.

I then cup his face so he could look at me.

"I won't. I love you too much to survive without seeing you." I say before slowly connecting our lips.