Imagine #13: The Park {AU}

I park my car and get out. I really hope I can get my mind off of things here. A park. It should be nice. Kids playing, parents watching, teens reading or listening to music. I like it here.

I walk in and sit down on an empty bench before taking out my earphones. I put in the left ear and leave the other one. Hitting the shuffle button, I smile and sit back.

I watch as a couple of kids run around, playing tag. I then spot two girls sitting on a tree branch giggling. I couldn't help but smile at them. Such innocence. Maybe that's why I love kids. I see a part of me inside each and every one of them.

"What do you mean you won't be able to come?... Emily, I was really counting on you... No, I can't cancel this meeting... You know what, Emily, I'm really sorry, but I can't tolerate this behavior... I mean, consider yourself fired from this moment." A man sits on the opposite side of the bench.

He has brown hair and blue eyes. From my side view, he's very handsome.

"I'm sorry, Emily, but this is the eighth time in a row you cancel on me without a legitimate reason... You're fired, Emily. Goodbye." He says and hangs up.

He then sighs and throws his head back.

"God, why does everything have to be so hard?" He mumbles.

He's very handsome. He also has a fit body and his suit makes him look even sexier. I just ignore the thoughts and open an app on my phone. Just as I'm about to finish the level, I feel someone tug at my jeans. I look down to see a beautiful little girl.

"Hello." I smile.

"Hi. I'm sorry, but did you see Daddy? He's gone." She says.

"What does your daddy look like?"

"He was sitting here. Next to you."

"I'm sure he just went to get something from the car. Do you want to play until he comes back?"

"Ok. What's your name?"

"(Y/N). You?"

"Lilly."

"Nice to meet you Lilly." She giggles and I follow her to the playground.

"Can you carry me up the bars?" She asks.

I nod and carry her to reach them and she starts laughing. We continue to play and after a few minutes, I hear someone calling her name.

"Daddy!" She squeals and runs to him.

He then carries her and tells her something as I get off of the ground. She frowns then points at me. When her father looks at me, I suddenly feel weak in the knees. I look away and get my phone off the ground before placing it in my pocket. When I look back, I see Lilly running my way.

"Daddy says we have to go. Bye, (Y/N)." She says.

"Aww. Bye, honey." I say and bend down to hug her.

She hugs me tightly and I wrap my arms around her. She then lets go and when I stand up, I see her father in front of me.

"Hi. Thank you for playing with her." He says.

"It's my pleasure. I'm just glad that she asked me about you and not a pervert or anything. She's smart, some kids just wander off and get lost." I say.

"Yeah. She's been very intelligent ever since she was a baby." He smiles and carries her.

"Bye, Lilly." I smile.

"Bye, (Y/N)." She smiles.

"Hey, uhm... I'm not usually like this. I take very good care of her. It's just that my phone died and I needed to charge it for an important meeting and the babysitter just blew me off and I had to fire her." He says and scratches the back of his neck.