Chapter 33 | Final Chapter

I know I said there would be two to three chapters left, but this is the last chapter.

Chapter 33

       The crowd cheering. The spotlight shining. The adrenaline rushing. Everything that I loved about performing. My tour was coming to an end with one concert left; the one in my hometown of New York City. I was going to miss being on tour, but it was nice to be home again.

       "I have one more song for all of you tonight," I said into the microphone, resulting in the audience to 'aww' in disappointment. "I know, I know. I feel the same way. But, I want to thank all of you for coming out tonight, especially after the tour was postponed because of my health. I'm really thankful to have fans like you. So, without further ado, the final song. But first, I want to dedicate it to a very special girl. She's the reason I'm standing here today. She's the one who helped me get this far and she was there for me when I was hospitalized. So, Violet Wyatt, this song is for you."

       When the music started up, I looked off stage to see Violet smiling. She was able to come to the concert since I was in New York now and she didn't have to fly out anywhere. 

       The introduction of the song was over so I started singing. It was a song that I wrote without showing anyone, besides the band, and I was saving it for this very show. I wrote it about Violet because she had done so much for me and I was happy to have her in my life.

       During the last chorus, still singing, I went offstage and gently grabbed Violet's wrist, pulling her onto the stage. I pulled her to the center of the stage where I sung right to her. She had a bright smile on her face, even though she was looking a bit shy. Maybe I should have warned her I was planning on pulling her onstage, but where would the fun in that be?

       When the song was done, I pulled Violet into a hug and she hugged me back tightly. I pulled away, but kept one arm around her while her arms were wrapped around my waist, digging her face in my chest. "Thank you for coming out tonight," I said to the audience. "Have a great night!"

       The audience cheered loudly, making me smile. I loved this feeling.

       "Why did you do that?" Violet muttered into my chest.

       "Why not?" I asked. "I wrote that song for you and I wanted everyone to know that."

       "Thank you for that," she said, looking up at me. "I loved it. I love you."

       I smiled and leaned down to press a kiss on her lips. "I love you, too. I really do. Now let's go backstage. Cameron decided to order some food for a mini party since it was the last concert."

       I took Violet's hand in mine as I led her backstage. My mom immediately gave me a hug. "Hunter, you did amazing," she said. "And that last song? It was beautiful."

       "Yeah, it was," Violet agreed.

       "Thank you," I said. "I wanted to save it for the very last song of the very lost concert for certain reasons." I already knew that Violet was going to be at this concert; we talked about it the day before I had to leave for the tour.

       "It was a great song," Mom said. "So, Cameron already brought the food. And knowing him, he brought a lot of food. He and Cannon were the ones who decided on the food." So there was probably going to be more food than everyone could eat. Great.

       "Well, Vi and I are going to eat," I said before pulling Violet to where everyone else was. There were about six tables set up, each piled with different kinds of food. I chuckled when I saw it. Cameron and Cannon always had a huge appetite.

       After Violet and I each got a plate of food, I sat down on a couch and pulled her onto my lap. "Uh, Hunter?" she asked.

       "What?"

       "You know there's still room on the couch," she pointed out.

       "I know."

       "Can I sit on the couch?"

       "Nope," I said with a smile. "My lap is more comfortable than a couch."

       Violet sighed, knowing there was no point in arguing with me. A good thing too because everyone knew how stubborn I was.

       Everyone who had part in the concert was soon gathered in this room, talking and laughing with each other. I was so thankful for all these people. Even though the tour was for me, it wouldn't have been successful without everyone here. The technical people, the backup dancers, the band, everyone. They all had a huge part in making my tour successful and if I ever went on tour again, I definitely wanted most, if not all, of them to come back.

       "Ooh, it looks like Cannon's getting himself a girlfriend," Violet suddenly said.

       I looked up and followed her gaze. Cannon and one of the backup dancers, Megan, were standing awfully close to each other and I could tell they were flirting.

       "Great," I muttered sarcastically.

       "What?" Violet said.

       I sighed. "It's just that....I'm not that fond of Megan. Yes, she's a great dancer and a huge part of the tour, but she's more interested in money than being part of something big."

       Violet furrowed her eyebrows. "Really? I talked to her before the show. She seems nice."

       "I know, she does," I agreed. "But trust me, she's more interest in money. I don't even know how many times she asked how much she was going to be paid for being a backup dancer. And Cannon's parents are famous, meaning he's rich."

       "You think she's going for his money?" Violet asked.

       I shrugged. "I don't know. It's possible, but if Cannon likes her, I should give her the benefit of the doubt."

       That, for some reason, caused Violet to smile. "You're a good friend."

       "What do you mean?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

       "You're giving the girl Cannon likes the benefit of the doubt," Violet said. "You want him to be happy so you're letting it happen. Although, it could be because you don't want him hitting on you anymore."

       I snorted and rolled my eyes. "That would be a bonus. But I know he means no harm when he does. It's more of a joke whenever he hits on me. He knows how much you mean to me and he's happy we're together. I'm happy we're together."

       Violet smiled wider and rested her forehead on mine. "Me too," she said. "I know I messed up when I broke things off...."

       "Vi, I understand why you did," I said. "Dating Levi on the other hand."

       Violet groaned. "Please don't bring that up. I regret dating that jerk, especially because he was still dating Lucy. I didn't even like him that much. He was just there for me when I broke things off with you and I thought I liked him, but I never did. You're the one I love."

       "And you're the only one I will love," I said, reaching up and pulling her down so our lips could connect. 

       I couldn't believe how far I came in a matter of months. I went from nobody knowing I was the son of Austin and Maybelle Bolton to going on tour. And sure, there were a few speed bumps along the way, but I was happy for mostly everything that happened. 

       I wouldn't have made it this far without Violet. And I know with her by my side, I would go ever further.

_____________

Aww, this book is officially finished. (: However, Cannon's story will be up either later today or tomorrow and since Hunter is Cannon's best friend, Hunter and Violet will be in that story. Obviously. cx

Thank you to everyone who ever read, commented on, or voted for this story. It took me a while because of the writing blocks I had, but I finished it. (:

I will post a part about the sequel once I have the summary figured out. And the title, but I have one in mind.