Chapter 1

"We need to do something, he's scaring me!" The blue eyed girl whisper-yelled.

The grey eyed one sighed, "And what exactly do you propose we should do? Find him some she-wolf to screw?"

"Well, no, but someone to love him like mom couldn't."

"Mom was his true mate, he won't love another woman besides her."

"And how do you know that? Sage, come on, dad's...he's becoming so...cruel. I don't like it."

Sage sighed in defeat, "I don't either, but Sara, you know he won't love another woman again. He hates the idea of love. Mom hurt him..."

Both girls fell silent, an ache in their chest at the thought of what their mom had done. Years ago they didn't understand their father's anger, all they knew was that their mother was gone. She left with another man, throwing away her bond like it was garbage. She abandoned them, that's all they could think of it. Sage felt disgusted with her mother, that disgust never went away. She hated the way she had hurt their father so deeply, causing all this hatred to form in his heart.

"She ruined him." Sage stated bitterly.

Sara frowned, her own hatred towards her mother burned within her heart. "But someone can fix him."

"There's no such thing as a second chance mate. You know that." Sage replied with a frown.

Sara shrugged, "But love never fails, grandma said that there's a possibility for him to fall in love again. I don't like seeing him like this. He's been the best father to us, not only that, but took over mom's spot as well. He's trying so hard to protect us from the pain of our mother abandoning us, but it still hurts. It still hurts to see him suffer like this each day. If the council found out-

"Dad would kill them. He promised them that. Even when they threatened to send their own army he said he would slaughter them all." Sage cut in.

Sara shook her head, "He's deadly."

"I know, the only good thing about it is the fact packs are too scared to attack us."

"You don't think he would ever hit us, do you?"

Sage shook her head, "If dad hits one of us...you know it would destroy him."

"I hate hearing all those assholes calling him a monster in school." Sara pouted.

"I do too, but as of right now, we can't do anything."

"We could talk to him."

Sage bit her lip, she would never admit to her sister that she's afraid to talk to him. The thought of bringing this up to him and him snapping frightened her. She had no clue what she would do if his anger was directed at her. She's seen him at his worst, his worst was the scariest thing she had ever seen. Almost falling off a cliff doesn't compare to it.

"Come on, let's go and get ready for training." Sage spoke, grabbing Sara's wrist.

Sara reluctantly followed, feeling pity for her father. As they scurried through the halls they ran into their father. He chuckled and caught them before they toppled onto the ground.

"Slow down there, you two." He grinned.

Both girls returned the smile, whenever he was around them or his brothers he would smile. That was the only time though.

"Sorry, we were going to get ready for training." Sara explained.

He nodded, "Okay, oh, and no knocking anyone out today." He stated, giving a pointed look towards Sage.

She smirked and shrugged, "That girl had it coming, shouldn't have disrespected me."

He shook his head, but the amusement was still evident in his eyes. "Go get ready." He chuckled.

"Yes, sir!" Both girls grinned, saluting him.

He rolled his eyes before turning and disappearing into his office. Sage smirked at her sister.

"Bet I could reach the alpha hall before you." She challenged.

Sara raised an eyebrow, "Is that a challenge?"

"Totally."

"Challenge accepted."

A/N: Thought I would give you guys a nice chapter before finishing my other stories. :)