Chapter 2; Two Sides to Every Story

"Mr. Queen! Mr. Queen! Over here!"
Oliver fought his way through the crowd of reporters and into the building that stood before him. The Starling Court House was a fairly large building, furnished with tall marble pillars.

As children, Tommy and Oliver had always pretended that it was an ancient Spartan castle whenever they had waited in the lobby for Oliver's father to get out of court. As the CEO of a large company, there was always something to settle out. Today however, the courtroom reminded Oliver more of a cold mausoleum.

Empty marble benches lined the overly white walls. Official looking flags and banners were scattered throughout the room, but it didn't make the room any more inviting. It did the opposite; as if rubbing the authority of the government in Oliver's face.

Not only did Oliver break the law nightly as the Arrow, but his sister was a druggie and his father was a corrupt businessman. The Queen family name was beyond tainted.

Taking a breath, Oliver walked over to the receptionist. "I'm looking for Thea Queen."

"Queen v. State? The case has been dropped. They left about an hour ago." she said, not bothering to look up from the computer at which she was typing.

Oliver raised his eyebrows. "Then why where there 5,000 reporters waiting for me out there?"

"Don't ask me." the woman finally looked up to meet his gaze. Her eyes were almost as black as her hair and her brows were furrowed menacingly.

"Did anyone leave me a message?" he asked, giving her an equally hard stare.

"As a matter of fact, yes. Your mother left this for you." The woman, Nyssa Al Ghul as her name tag read, handed him an envelope.

Oliver,
You're accident is all over the news. I just finished damage control with Thea; now I have to cover up your mistakes as well. Come home immediately. Talk to no one.
Moira.

"Shit." Oliver certainly didn't want to cause any more problems for his mother. She was already dealing with Thea's drug problem, and the last thing she needed was to have to fix his problems too.

Just then, the phone rang.

"Hello?" he answered gruffly.

"Hello. This is Doctor Grey. You said to have someone call to update you on Ms. Smoak's condition?"

The blonde from the fire. Ironic name.

"Yes. Uh, how is she?"

"She hasn't woken up yet, but we are optimistic. Visiting hours end in half an hour, I don't know if you could still make it?"

"Oh no, I'm fine," Oliver turned toward the exit. The reporters stood outside like a pack o hungry wolves; ready to tear his reputation apart. Not that he cared; his image meant nothing to him. But it would hurt his mother if the Queen family received anymore slander. "On second thought, I can make it."he reconsidered. 

Oliver hung up the phone. What better way to repair his image then to give a lady who had just survived a fire a place to stay.

When he stepped into the waiting limo, he turned to Diggle. "Do you know if my family still has the guest suite in the west wing?" He asked.

Diggle looked amused. "Why? Are you planning on having company over?"

"Something like that. Take me to the hospital."