c h a p t e r 10

(Paris:) 

“... anyway, what you doing, girl?”

“Doll, I’m looking for shit to pack.” Camilla said thru the phone, scuffling in the background.

I was laying on my stomach on my bed in nothing but my boyshorts on. My cheek was buried into the pillow as I talked to Camilla on the phone Rios bought me.

“You just can’t wait to go to L.A, huh?” I mumbled, chuckling.

“Hell nah, I’m ready to get the hell out here. I ain’t got time for Mr. Richmond to be stalking my ass. I needa stay far away from him.” She said, referring to our formal boss. After the day Rios told me about going to L.A with him, he convinced me well enough to quit my stripping. Camilla accompanied me right once I told her about coming with us. We went and told Grapez who was still in the hospital, and she wasted no time in saying yes.

Camilla and I went to Mr. Richmond’s office to explain to him why we were quitting. He kindly gave me my last pay, but he seemed too fond of Camilla and refused to let her go. After a quick argument and a couple punches thrown, Camilla got her pay and we bounced.

“I hear you, honey.” I said, laughing.

“We needa go shopping today.” Camilla said, as I heard hangers being scooted.

“We can go after we pick Grapez up from the hospital. She discharges today.” I reminded her.

“I know, doll. But, don’t forget you gotta-”

“Hush, bitch. I know.” I said, interrupting her.

“You sure you’n want me to come witchu?” She asked, smacking her gum into the phone.

“For the ‘bout seventeenth time, no. I got this, baby.” I said, as I yawned.

“Aight, whatever. Call me if you need anything, my nigga calling. Bye, I love you.” She said, quickly before ending the call in my face. I rolled my eyes and cut off my phone, throwing it on the bedside table.

I picked up my phone quickly after I put it down. I dialed the number and waited as it rang.

“Wassap, bae?” 

“Rios, where you at?” I asked, groggily into the phone.

“You so damn lazy, I’m in your kitchen.” He said, with his mouth stuffed.

“You forever eating my food. I hope you buy some more of whatever you eating.”

He laughed, “Shit to me.”

“You get on my damn nerves, Rios.” I groaned into my pillow.

“What you want, bae? You on your period?” Rios asked me over the food he was eating.

“Can you come upstairs?” I begged as I put my phone on speaker. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around my stomach.

“You on your period?” He asked again. I could just imagine what he was doing. Sitting at the kitchen table, eating whatever while his phone was on speaker.

“Naw, but why does it matter?” I asked him suspiciously.

“What you got on, bae?” He whispered into the phone, childishly. I busted out laughing, “You so damn childish, Rios. C’mon!” I said, loudly. “Girl, ain’t nobody playing with yo’ ass. Why you want me to come up there anyway?”

“I’m lonely.” I lied.

“Aw, you miss me?” He asked in a kiddish voice that caused me to giggle. “You know I do.” I replied, arching my back to pop it.