Romleen

Howleen had had a crush on Romulus for as long as she could remember. She would say hi to him every time she saw him, and would try find ways to hang out with him and her brother Clawd when he was over at their house. But Romulus never seemed to see her as anything more than Clawd's younger sister, he never said hi unless she said it first, and when they walked past each other without saying anything he didn't even seem to notice she was there. Howleen had convinced herself it was because he was so tall and she was so short, but deep down she knew it was just because he didn't see her like that. It was annoying, frustrating and every time she saw him talking to a girl, prettier and older than herself, she wanted scream. So as Howleen watched Romulus from the front steps of Monster High, chatting up a magenta haired beauty under a tree, she couldn't help but feel this huge jealous feeling. It was like she was immersed in a thick cloud of green that she couldn't get out of. He had his arm on the tree behind her head, he looked like he was bragging about something. Howleen was mad at him, mad at him for talking to the girl, mad at him for making her fall for him.

Why can't I just shake this already?!

Howleen felt her face heat up and her underarms prickle with sweat as Romulus started to walk towards her.

Stay cool Howleen

"Hey Leena" he said, flashing her a full set of pearl white canines

Howleen swooned at her nickname, all her feelings of anger towards him had been washed away as soon as he opened his mouth.

"Hey Romulus" she beamed

"You okay? You look kinda sad sitting here by yourself"

Howleen was overjoyed at his concern

"Oh... Just wallowing in my hopeless dreams" she said, rolling her eyes and enjoying the irony

Romulus laughed, Howleen loved his laugh, it was like music to her ears, she had grown up hearing that laugh and was always looking for ways to make him laugh so she could hear it again.

"Is it a guy?"

"Yeah, he's around here somewhere" Howleen smiled.

"Want me to go knock some sense into him?" Romulus said with a smirk on his face, raising his eyebrow and punching into his palm.

If only

Howleen giggled, "That would be nice, but I'm pretty sure that's impossible at this point in time".

Romulus walked closer to her and placed a hand on her shoulder, the contact made her heart race and she felt her face flare up.

"Don't doubt yourself, any guy would kill to be with you".

Howleen knew she had a couple of admirers, but the only guy she wanted to catch was standing right in front of her, yet so far far out of her reach. At least she knew that Romulus cared about her, maybe not in the way she wanted, but he definitely cared. Perhaps one day, when the age difference isn't such a big deal anymore, things would be different.

With two pats on her shoulder, Romulus walked away, leaving a love stricken wolf puppy in his wake.