nine

CHAPTER NINELOVE

CHAPTER NINE
LOVE

Zach snatched the helmet from his brother's hands while Lo walked towards the boy and pulled him into her side to reassure him that they were okay

Zach snatched the helmet from his brother's hands while Lo walked towards the boy and pulled him into her side to reassure him that they were okay. Looking around, the spotted a Jurassic Wold cart leaning against a tree with its wires hanging out and sparks coming off it. Loren had hoped to see nothing else that was dangerous for the day but the sight in front of her screamed 'danger, get out!'.

Zach held out his arm to stop the two from following him as he took a tentative step forward, "Stay here." He had instructed, but Gray had grabbed hold of his brother's arm and followed slowly causing the young teenage girl to shuffling along behind the boy. They stepped in front of the cart and looked it up and down, there was no way the cart would be able to start up and run again, leaving a three to sign in defeat. Looking past the cart, Loren saw two large doors and grabbed the two boy's arms to grab there attention.

"Look." She hissed, the two did as said. Zach, once again, led the group towards the potential danger, walking up towards the double wooden doors and giving them a small push, followed by a heavier push and grunt of resistance. Loren let a small smile fall to her lips as she watched in amusement. They looked old and heavy, he was never getting them open alone.

"Mind giving me a hand?" he asked, looking over to the girl, having heard a choked laugh leave her lips. She rolled her eyes before walking up beside her friend and the two gave each other a nod before simultaneously pushing on a door each. The doors let out a loud creaking and screeching sound as they were slowly pushed open enough for the three to enter. The doors obviously having been not opened in so long.

The old building was covered in moss and wild flowers growing up the walls, branches and leaves falling through the broken roof, allowing a little bit not enough light to be let through. The three split and looked around the room. Loren looked in awe, turning towards her best friend as he let out a content sigh of amusement. Zach was holding what seemed to be a dinosaur bone, looking down at an old sign. Loren walked towards the boy and began to read what was on the banner.

'Jurassic Park' was written in bold red letters rimmed in yellow. So this place was at least two decades old.

Zach picked up the banner and flung it once to shake away all dirt and dust. "Do you still have those matches?" he asked turning towards Gray, the young kid looked through his fanny pack and brought out a box of matches.