sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEENSAFE

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
SAFE

There was a helicopter waiting for the group, one that must've been called for them by whomever Clair had been talking to on the phone previously in the night, and it took them back to main land, which was then that Loren was able to finally breat...

There was a helicopter waiting for the group, one that must've been called for them by whomever Clair had been talking to on the phone previously in the night, and it took them back to main land, which was then that Loren was able to finally breath in a breath of fresh air. The group were placed in a waiting bay to be ticked off the registry and checked on their vitals.

There, Loren was checked in with a medic to get her hand properly cleaned up and bandaged, he medic telling her that whomever cleaned her hand previously did a horrible job as there was glass still left inside. She only nodded and smiled to Owen who watched from afar before she was free to go and helped her find her way back to her family.

Gray had laid with his head on Clair's lap whom sat on the ground while Loren moved towards Zach whom had his head in his hands. As he noticed Loren's presence infront of him, he looked up and she could see the tears that wheeled in his eyes, this caused her too to break down and start to cry.

Loren had only seen Zach cry on a few occasions, it wasn't normal for him to do so, which is what made this moment all the more serial as they realised that they had survived an attack where few didn't survive and yet they were closer to the action then most visitors. Loren fell in front of the boy and knelt down and she wrapped her arms tightly around his shoulders, him doing the same back as they cried together, both refusing to let go.

It took them a good hour till they got to the point where no one felt like crying, everyone sitting in an eerie silence while they waited for their parents. Loren sat in Zach's lap, the boys arms wrapped tighter around her while she cradled her stinging hand to her chest.

"So what now?" She asked in barely a whisper, voice croaky from all the crying.

"What do you mean?" he asked resting his forehead on top of her head, his arms wrapping around her own tighter in a comforting way.

"You know what I mean, what about us?" She elaborated more in-depth.

"Well, I guess us is no longer just friends, is it?" It came across as a joke but she could hear the hopeful tone mixed within the words. It was strange that it took almost being eaten for her to get the courage to kiss him and for Zach to realise that he liked his bestfriend as more then just a friend. "What about girlfriend." He smiled softly at the girl, the word itself making him feel happy, the happiest he's been all day.