Chapter 5-Draco's POV

Draco's POV:

As the doors to the Great Hall banged open, Hermione, Ron, and Harry rushed in. Everyone turned to look at the sudden noise.

They rushed over to the Gryffindor table. Hermione mouthed something at McGonagall, and she nodded.

"Hello, students. Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts. Before we begin, I would like for everyone to have a moment of silence for those lost in the war against Voldemort and the Death Eaters." McGonagall said. The whispers that were flitting around immediately stopped. "We will be creating a Memorial Hall for those lost that were here, have went here, or are, or were, close to the residents of today's Hogwarts. Some of these names are: Fred Weasley. Nymphadora Tonks. Remus Lupin. Mad-Eye Moody. Colin Crevey. Lastly, a number of Hogwarts students were killed. They have not been found or identified yet. We will also put Professor Albus Dumbledore in our Memorial Hall. If anyone is feeling to much pain of their lost ones, please come talk to me or another Professor. We will, we promise, help you get through it. In your daily free period, you will be allowed to visit the Memorial Hall." As McGonagall finished her speech, there was an outbreak of sobs from around the Great Hall. I couldtel that some might not be able to make it through the year. As for myself, I had nothing nor no one to cry or mourn over. I only had the past, have the present, and need the future.

*half an hour later, after the feast*

McGonagall stepped up to what used to be Dumbledore's podium(pic at top).

"As I am not accustomed to being headmaster, I forgot to announce this year's Head Boy and Girl. The Head Girl is: Hermione Granger!" Hermione stood up. Everyone cheered. She waved with a huge smile.

"This year's Head Boy is: Draco Malfoy!"

I stood up. People stared. No one clapped. McGonagall started clapping and instructed everyone else to too. A few people did, very slowly.

McGonagall gave up.

"Alright, everyone, you will need to listen to our Head Boy and Girl. If you need help, go to one of them for assistance. If you disobey a direct order from them, there will be consequences." McGonagall said.

Everyone nodded.

"Now, everyone, follow your house leader to your house. Please follow and not get lost. I'm sure that you would not like to be lost in Hogwarts... At night." McGonagall said with a smirk.

As we started exiting, McGonagall called for Hermione and I.