Chapter 10

Hermione's POV:

During the lunch period, I stopped in to check on Draco.

I brought him a blanket.

I stepped into the hospital wing.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Granger. I presume that you have come to see Mr. Malfoy?" Madam Pomfrey asked.

"Yes, madam, if you don't mind." I said politely.

"Go on ahead!" Madam Pomfrey gestured to Draco's bed.

I walked over to it and pulled away the curtain.

I closed the curtain behind me.

I sat down near Draco's bed.

I started wrapping him up with the blanket that I had brought him.

As I was wrapping him up, he stirred.

As I was watching him, his eyes flew open.

His eyes had popped blood vessels all over. The result of no blood flow to his head, I guess.

He struggled to sit up.

As he sat up, he started violently coughing.

I pulled the blanket away, not wanting it to get dirty.

As he was coughing, suddenly, the air that he was coughing became blood.

I shrieked.

Madam Pomfrey ran in.

"Oh dear, what happened?" She asked.

"I don't know, he just started coughing. At first, it was normal, but then he started coughing blood!" I said, almost trembling.

"Oh, dear, it's alright! He will be alright!" Madam Pomfrey said, patting my shoulder.

As suddenly as it started, the blood stopped.

Draco wheezed one more time before lying down again.

He slowly turned his head toward me.

"Hermione..." He rasped.

"Yes, Draco. I'm here." I said. 😄

"Why are you here... You don't like me..." Draco said, his head turning away from me.

"I'm so sorry, Draco. I was a total brat, and I didn't realized that you had changed for real." I said.

I patted his hand.

"Are you sure that you approve of me?" Draco said, turning towards me.

"I'm sure. And always will be". I said.

"Ok." Draco said.

Madam Pomfrey came into the booth.

"Sorry, Ms. Granger. Mr. Malfoy needs to get some rest now." Madam Pomfrey said.

"Ok, Madam Pomfrey. Thank you for keeping Draco safe and healthy." I said, nodding.

Madam Pomfrey nodded also.

I turned and walked out of the hospital wing.

*the next day*

Madam Pomfrey told me at study hall to come down to the hospital wing after breakfast.

I entered the hospital wing.

"Good morning, Ms. Granger. Thank you for coming." Madam Pomfrey said.

"You're welcome, Madam Pomfrey. Now, what did you want me to come for?" I asked.

"Oh, right! I think that Draco might be able to get out of here now." Madam Pomfrey said, opening the curtain to Draco's hospital bed.

"Ok, sweetie, can you try to stand up?" Madam Pomfrey said.

"Yea" Draco said.

He sat up and slid his legs onto the side of the cot.

He set his feet on the ground and stood.

He screamed and crumpled to the floor.

"DRACO!" I yelled, running to help him up.

"What's wrong?" Madam Pomfrey said.

"My ankle... I can't stand on it at all." Draco said.

He clenched his teeth when Madam Pomfrey felt around his ankle.

"Hmm, seems like a clean break. Something someone might have done. Draco, have you had any visitors beside Ms. Granger?" Madam Pomfrey said.

"No, Madam, I haven't" Draco said.

"When you were attacked, do you remember breaking a bone?" Madam Pomfrey asked.

"No, but last night, I had felt like someone was here. I felt a prick, and then I suddenly went to sleep. Something smelled like mint." Draco said.

"Mint, mint, what could it be?" Madam Pomfrey said.

"Oh! I know! Anaesthetic! It's a pain reducer and it puts you to sleep! The intruder must have used it to break your ankle." Madam Pomfrey said.

"Ok, so who could it be?" I asked.

"I don't know. I'll go look back here. You talk to Draco and see if he knows anything." Madam Pomfrey said.

"Ok", I said.

Madam Pomfrey walked away.

"Draco, you know what you said yesterday, about me liking you?" I said.

He nodded.

"Well, it's true. I don't like you." I said.

"Oh. Don't feel bad." He said, turning away from me.

I grabbed his shoulders.

"I don't feel bad about it." I said.

"Ok." He said, tears brimming in his eyes.

"I don't like you, Draco Malfoy. I love you." I said.

EEEEEEEH THEIR ROMANCE HAS STARTED!

750 WORDS! WOW!

ANYWAY, ArtisticWolf04 will get a shoutout next chapter cause she won. However, you can't know so it'll be a surprise. NUMBERONEGEEKFORLIFE knows cause I told her. ArtisticWolf04 and NUMBERONEGEEKFORLIFE, no peeping! Kay?

Anyway, thanks for reading! I love this book, what about you?

Lots of love and Potter Vibes, Wylah