Chapter 1

“Jax!” my mother yelled from the kitchen.  ‘Time to start my new life’  I started thinking about possibilities of what could happen today, I've never been to school.  My mother told me what it would be like at school. Or atleast ‘Highschool’ is what it was called. From what she said, she went to highschool when they're kin had to move. “Come on, you're going to be late!” she yelled once again. Interrupting my day dreaming,  I got out of bed. stretching my arms and wings, my wings glistened in the light of what little window I had.  I walked through the hall, letting my wings drag on the floor.  Yawing, I greeted my mom with a tiny smile and exhausted facial expression.  She greeted me the same and questioned, “Excited for your first day of school?”. I  Sat down in front of her at the counter, replying with a heavy sigh,  “I guess”.  She turns her head slightly towards me and glares at me with a smirk and hands me a plate of bacon.  The only human food I enjoy to eat.  I grabbed the two pieces, stuffing my mouth full giving my mother eye contact as she opened her mouth to prepare for her speech, “You're going to have to wear a jacket today”, today wasn't cold and we never get cold, we hardly feel anything at all. My face became questionable “For what?”, I ask, another slice of bacon in my hand waiting to be eaten.  “Well, the one thing I didn't tell you was this is a normal school you're going to”.  I paused, slowly letting my thought process run. ‘Mom didn't tell me anything about the school, I just expected it to be an Angel school or for other types of creatures’  “Well I just expected it to be different”, I mumbled, shrugging shoulders.  My mother stopped doing what she was doing and walked towards my direction of negative posture. Her hands rose to rub my shoulders, “I'm sorry I wasn't able to find a school for one's like you, but it's for your safety, since after what happened with the tablet, it's best we put you somewhere where you can stay low and they won't expect anything”.  She was right, after the incident with my parents and protecting the Angel tablets it was best not to show ourselves.  “That means you're going to need this”, she took her way towards a closet near the area in the dining room. She opened it with a ‘creek’ and grabbed a giant red and black plaid jacket.  “Why do I need this?”, I look at the jacket with a slight look disgust.  “You need to hide your wings from everyone; who knows what could happen if they aren't hidden”.  She was right once again, I handed my empty plate to my mother.  She grazed my forehead with a soft press from her lips.  “I love you, and I want you to know your parents put you in good hands”, she took her hands and ran them down my shoulders and sighed, “If only your mother and father were here to see what a handsome Angel you're turning out to be!”. I took the jacket from her and jogged with enthusiasm to my room to get ready for school.

Authors Note: Here is the first chapter of a book that I hope you guys will enjoyLet me know what you think of it so far and I'll have the second chapter up soon.