Chapter 8:Battle on the Bridge! Zabuza Returns!!

3rd p.o.v.
Everyone favorite blond protagonist laid on the ground asleep. Birds chirped on him. They flew away from the sound of footsteps. A mysterious person kneeled beside him. Their hand went close to his throat ready then went to his shoulder. Shaking him. "Hey wake up. You'll catch cold out here. Wake up." Naruto opened his eyes groggily to find the eyes of the person.
Naruto sat up. He yawned while rubbing his eyes. "Who the heck are you? Oh-uh. I mean hi there where'd would come from." Naruto said as a blush appeared on his face. "You know what are you doing out here and all that?" "I'm gathering herbs." "Herbs?" "Yes that's right. There for treating illness and wounds."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Meanwhile~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Good morning everyone." Sakura yawned. She was the last one to wake up. Everyone was gathered at the table. "Here." Tsunami gave Sakura breakfast. "Oh thank you." Kakashi was messing with his gloves. Naomi and Sasuke where finished eating. Naomi was staring off in to space when Tazuna spoke.

"Naruto's not here. Looks like he was out all night again." "He's gone completely crazy. He's out climbing trees in the dark. He could be dead by now. You know from using up all his chakra." Naomi had heard enough. She stood up, grabbing an apple heading towards the door. "Where are you going Naomi?" Sakura asked. "Too go check on Naruto." She walked out the door.

"Well I hope he's okay. A child spending the night alone in the woods." Tsunami said. "There's nothing to worry about. Naruto's a goofy kid but he's also a full pledged ninja. Plus Naomi went to go check on him." "Sakura's right, Naruto such a loser. He's probably dead out there." Sasuke got up and headed towards the door. "Sasuke?" "I'm going for a walk." "But we just started eating-huh?" She said looking at the two empty plates. "That was fast." Sakura said as her eye was twitching.'

"Oi baka-chan wait up!" Naomi turned around. "B-baka-chan?" "It's payback for calling me Duckbutt or Duckass." Naomi grinded her teeth. "I guess that's fair." The two walked side by side. Naomi bit her lip. "Before you ask I just want to see if Naruto's dead or not." Naomi nudged him. "You know he's alive right?" He nudged her back. "Of course. I thought I could get some training in while I went." "Okay than." Naomi started humming. They walked in silence enjoying each other's company.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Back to Naruto~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Naruto was helping the 'lady' pick herbs. "You start work early? Huh?" "I like it early. It's calm and I didn't think anyone would be sleeping out here." "I'm training!" "So are you a ninja? Because I noticed that headband on your head. Or are you just making fashion statement?" The person asked. "You noticed that! Only super cool ninja can wear these!" Naruto shouted. "Oh really? I see that's very impressive." Naruto laughed and rubbed the back of his head.

"But does that mean your training for something dangerous?" "I'm just developing my sills so I can get stronger!" "You seem very strong now. Isn't that enough?" They insisted. "No! No! I have to get stronger so I have to keep practicing!" "Oh so why is it so important?" "So I can become the best ninja in my village! That way people will know who I am and respect me! There's also a certain person-kid who I have to prove something to!" "Are you doing this show the person or are you doing this for yourself?" Naruto looked dumbstruck. The 'girl' started laughing. "Hey what are you laughing at? What's so funny!?" "Is there someone precious to you?" "Someone who is-what are you saying? What do you mean precious?" Naruto stared at the person. What's she thinking? "What I mean." She started. "Is when someone has something precious they want to protect than they become genuinely strong." Naruto thought back to what Tazuna said about Inari's father, what kakashi said and of course what he and Naomi said to Iruka.

"Yeah I hear ya! I get exactly what you're saying!" The girl stood up and grabbed the basket. "You will get strong. Very strong." Naruto grinned. "Goodbye. We'll meet again sometime." They said walking away before stopping once again. "By the way I'm a boy." Naruto started freaking out. No way! He's prettier than Sakura!