CHAPTER TWO

Finding the nearest grocery store wasn't hard, especially with the pre installed GPS. Once I was inside, I grabbed a cart and got to work. I got the chicken, some salad, fruit and vegetables, and I was just headed for my cart when I ran into something. I dropped my bottles of barbeque sauce and ranch dressing as I tripped over whatever it was.

Blushing, I hurried to grab my sauces before anyone saw. I quickly put them in the cart and started to walk away. "Excuse me, ma'am, but you dropped this." A southern accent said. I stop and turn around to see a beautiful boy walking towards me, a bottle of ranch dressing in his hand.

His face is perfect. An angular jawline, tan skin, and brown hair. Deep dark green eyes, and a killer smile. The movie star kind that makes your heart melt. He is tall, around six feet I'd guess. Taller than my five feet, four inches. He's really muscular, his abs showing through his white striped t - shirt, and his biceps are huge! He looks about my age, probably a little older than me, but still in my same grade at school. His facial expression is shocked, almost stunned as he walks towards me.

Shaking my head, I walk towards him too. He smiles, and hands me the sauce. "Hi, I'm Peyton." He says in that perfect voice. " I'm Maylee." I say, dazed. He smiles at me, and chuckles slightly. "I've never seen you here before." He says, his eyebrows raise up in curiosity. I laugh. "Probably not. I just moved here." I chuckle. He seems friendly enough. And not just to get me somewhere later on like some of the Californians I was used to. "Oh really? From where?" He asks, interested. " San Francisco." His eyes widen as he smiles even bigger. "Really? That's got to be quite a change for you." Now it's my turn to smile even bigger. "It is." I say. He's really funny. Kind too. "We should get together sometime. I could show you around." He offers me, smiling as he says so. "That sounds wonderful." I say. He laughs. "So I guess I'll see you later then." I laugh too. "I guess so. It was nice meeting you Peyton." I turn back to my cart and turn it around. He does the same, but before he does, he says, "It was nice meeting you too, Maylee."

Heading towards the checkout, I can't believe myself. He was so cute! And polite too. He might like me, he got a big smile when he found out we might get together sometime. I hope he does like me....even though we just met, I think I might like him too.

What am I saying? I just barely met him! Maybe he's only nice on the outside, he could be a jerk. You don't know him, you just barely met him in the store. There's no way you can have a crush. True love only happens in fairytales, it doesn't happen in Wimberly Texas. Besides, I'm no princess, I'm just the new girl from a big city.

As I check out, I load everything onto the conveyer belt and hand them the money. When I finally make it back to the car, I stuff everything into the trunk and climb in.

At the stop light, I look over and see Peyton in an old black pick up truck. He looks at me too and smiles and waves. I smile back as the light turns green. He's even cuter than I remembered. He follows me, which makes me a little nervous. Maybe he's a creepy stalker. "No, stupid. He's your neighbor." I tell myself as I drive home and he turns into the house next to me.

When I get home, I carry in the groceries and put them away. I go upstairs, hoping my dad finished unpacking. When I get to my room, I see he's almost done, only one more box to go. "Hey dad. Here's the change." I hand him a dollar bill and fifty eight cents. "Thank you sugar. How's-" He gets interrupted by a knock at the door. "Maya, can you get that?" He tells to my mom. "Sure thing Hon!" She yells back.

I walk over and help my dad with the last box. "So dad, how's your job going?" He smiles and says, "Oh it's great honey. We're working on-" "Lucas and Maylee get down here, we've got company!" My mom calls once again interrupting my dad.

I walk downstairs with my dad, and standing in my living room is Peyton and his family. The oldest man walks forward and shakes my dad's hand. "Well howdy partner! My names Brent West, and this is my wife Lillian." My dad smiles and says, "Nice to meet you Brent. Are these young boys yours?" Brent chuckles. "Yep. This here is my oldest, Caleb, then Parker, Carter, and my youngest Peyton."