Chapter 1

**13 years later**

Tommy's POV

"Time to get up Poppy and Tommy!!!" Liam yells from downstairs, I get out of bed and head downstairs. "good your up" Liam says "yeah im up, what's up?" "Go get your sister up we are going to Uncle Harry's house today to meet up with everyone and Uncle Louis has some good news to share with us." "Ok"  say and run upstairs. "poppy, wake up" "NO!" she shouts and covers herself back up. "I don't wanna go!" "Poppy it's me Tommy, Dad sent me up here to wake you up so we can go to Uncle Harry's house in the city" "Will Gracie be there?" she says staring at me "Yes" I answer "leave brother I have to change" "Okay i'm going but be quick" "I know" she says in a 'duh' kind of voice. I go and fix my hair again, and change into some dark jeans and a jack Willis sweatshirt. My phone dinged and I picked it off my bed.

Hey- Lux

Hi what's up?- Tommy

Sititng at Harry's flat... super bored!!!- Lux

well we'll be there soon so hold on!- Tommy

Hurry!- Lux

Louis is here with some good news and he won't tell us what it is until you people get here and I'm very impatient!!!!-Lux

Lol!! See you soon Lux -Tommy

Ok -Lux

Ok, there's a chance I like Lux, ok truth; I like her a lot. Problem; we are best friends and I don't want to ruin our relationship.

"Finally we're here" I sigh taking off my head phones and putting them in my pocket. I walk in and Lux is over on the couch eating some crisps while the others talk. She smiles as she looks At her phone "Tommy!!!!! Yay!!! Your here" she says jumping up and running to me. I hold her in a hug making it last as long as possible, without my uncles or Liam getting suspicious. Especially Uncle Harry because he cherished Lux like she was his daughter even though him and his wife have three kids
Gracie- 13 years old, same age as Poppy, she was adopted when she was 5 by Harry and his wife Lilly.
Lucas- 8 years old, he's cheeky like Harry but looks more like his mum
Brooklyn a.k.a Brookie- 3 years old, looks like Harry super energetic!!!!!

Poppy immediately ran off with Gracie and we all sat on the couch. I casually sat down next to lux, her and I we had a special relationship we were friends but uhh friends don't talk the way we do and friends don't sit next to each other like we do. "Thanks for all coming, Ally and I have some big news" uncle Louis says as they stand up. "We've been trying for the last eight years to have a baby and we just found out we will be adopting triplets from America. Two boys and a girl" he says in happiness the boys all congratulate him. Then they head outside to play some futbol and their wife's go into the kitchen. I sit next to Lux. She smiles at me than we decide to watch some telly. She lights up as her favorite show comes on. Zayn and Perries son comes in, him and I have a special connection. He's the only boy for one. He looks like Zayn full on. His name is Daniel and he's 11 years old. He has three younger sisters
Annalynn- 9 years old, acts like Perrie but looks more like Zayn
Clara- 5 years old, looks like Perrie and acts like Perrie, very sassy.
Hope- 3 years old, looks like Zayn. But she's very sensitive.  shy and reserved, prefers quiet.
Daniel sits next to me and we strike up a conversation. Lux leans into me and I tense up a little as a zoo erupts inside me.
Lux's pov
I smiled as I scrolled through our messages and waited for Tommy and yeah I'm smiling at the messages between him and I and yeah I like him but we are just friends. But I really like him. We watched telly and I leaned my head against him and he didn't move hope that's a good sign!
"Lux" Perrie calls from the kitchen
"Your mum called and said that you can't spend the summer with your dad because he's going on some job trip and your mum is going with some singer on their tour so she wants to know which boy you want to stay with?" She asks "I'll stay with Liam is that ok?" "Of course I'll let her know" Perrie smiles and I leave the kitchen. "Why'd you leave?" Tommy asks "oh Perrie wanted to know if I wanted to stay with you guys for the summer because my dad is on a business trip and my mom is touring with some singer" I respond "well you know you'll be camping out in Poppy's room" "that's fine" I answer "or you could stay in my room with me" "yeah I could but Liam would get mad" "what are we going to do?" "I'd have to ask him first Tommy"I answer back as i bite my lip and looked down at my phone. "when do you come?" "tonight" "what about your clothes?" "they're here with me" i answer.

"Lux! Tommy" Clara says barreling into the living room. "hey Clara" Tommy says back "come on the trampoline please!" she begs "of course" we spring out of our seats and head outside. we started jumping on the trampoline and jump and Annalynn comes out to jump with us. "dinner!" Perrie calls from the patio "coming Mummy" Hope, Annalynne and Clara say. Tommy reaches for my hands to help me get off the trampoline, now that's a normal thing for Tommy to do but it felt different this time, like fireworks and it was the best feeling. "race you" I call over my shoulder "your not winning!" Tommy calls back as i sprint to the house, i slide down to a seat at the picnic table. "your food" Harry says placing the plate in front of me. "thanks" I answer back and start eating. Tommy sits next to me and im sure i was blushing but i could say its because i was running and i was hot. then Ally kicks me under the table, and gestures towards the house. I stand up and go inside Ally following me. "heard you're staying with Liam, any particular reason?" she asks as she grabs a couple glasses for lemonade as that was our reason to go inside. "nah, just Liam's kids are older and i don't want to bother the other boys who already have a lot of kids" i answer back sipping my lemonade. "so... it's not at all because you like Tommy?" "no of course not!!!" i answer back spitting lemonade on the floor. "yeah whatever you say chica" she says and walks away.

"I DON'T LIKE HIM" i scream at nobody

"but i do" i slump my shoulders and grab an apple and run up to Grace's room where all my stuff was packed. I grabbed out my diary (cliche i know) i looked through the pages and scanned the pages until i found the right page.

Dear diary,
September 12th 2026
I realized today I like Tommy, like way too much!!!! Well I doubt he likes me back so I'll only break my heart by liking him
-lux <3
That was two years ago, yeah I should probably tell him how I feel but I'm too chicken. He probably doesn't feel the same way back, guys at this age are usually turned off by a girl liking him.