Chapter 14

Later that night, Tracy and I meet Theo, Corey, and Josh outside of Eichen House.

"Where's Hayden?" Tracy asks.

"Making sure Deucalion doesn't escape," Theo answers while looking at me. "I'm sorry about earlier."

I shrug. "Don't worry about it." I look up at the building. "What's then plan?"

"Get in, get the girl, get out."

I nod. "And we are gonna get her by..."

"Fighting guards," Zack says.

I nod again. "Okay, let's do this."

The five of us walk up to the building, and we knock out a couple guards to get in.

'Visiting hours are well past over," a guy at a desk says without looking up at us.

"We're not here to visit," Tracy says while baring her claws, her face half-covered in fangs.

"We're here for Lydia Martin," Theo says.

The guy looks up at us.

Theo grabs him and drags him over the reception desk, then looks at all of us. He leads us down a few hallways, through an open gate, then down a few more hallways. "She's down here."

We walks down one more hallway and enter a room.

"What would a pack of chimeras want with a banshee?" a doctor-guy asks while turning to face us.

"We're not looking for a banshee," Theo says. "We're looking for a hellhound."

A loud roar runs throughout the room, and there's a burning man at one of the gates. He burns the gate and cases it to fall as his eyes burn the color of fire.

"You wanted a hellhound?" the man asks. "I think you found one."

Tracy throws the man against the wall and holds his throat while turning to look at the hellhound.

"Tracy!" I say.

"Echo," Theo says while turning to face me. "He's gonna kill the person we're here for if we don't take care of him."

I shake my head as I see the hellhound guy start approaching us. "Theo..."

He turn around and sees the guy approaching us.

Corey walks up to him and tries to attack him, only to be immediately knocked down to the ground and badly burned.

Theo looks at the man for a second before throwing a spear into his stomach.

I look down at the ground, away from the horrific sight.

When I look up, the doctor guy and the girl are gone. She actually looks a little familiar.

"Shit," Theo says quietly, under his breath. "Tracy, go scout for her. Josh, find a way to fix Corey."

"What about me?" I ask.

"You're gonna go back to Hayden and help her watch over Deucalion."

I nod. "Got it." I turn and start running out of the room, then out of the building. I manage to get out of the gate, then I run to where we're keeping Deucalion.

"What're you doing here?" Hayden asks me as soon as I enter the room.

"Theo sent me."

"Oh, we were just talking about Theo," Deucalion says.

"What about him?"

Hayden walks over to a table and picks up a jar with some talons in it. "These are talons that were created by the Dread Doctors. They can absorb power from whatever they're stabbed into and give it to whoever has them."

"Theo thinks he can stick them on, like some press on nail," Deucalion sighs.

"What's he gonna do with them?" I ask while walking over to examine the contents of the jar.

"He's gonna steal the Beast's power," Hayden answers while handing the jar to me.

"The problem with that is," Deucalion sighs, "that the talons were created for a specific person, a specific chimera experiment to absorb whatever it needs. They won't fit on Theo, he doesn't have the same genetic frequency."

"So?" I ask.

"If he puts those talons on, they'll kill him."

I sigh. "Then I'll just have to convince him not to."

"I don't know how that will work out for you. See, Theo is power hungry. He'll do anything for it."

"Exactly. If he isn't lying to me, then I'm the only one that can stop him."

"And how do you plan on doing that?"

I sigh. "I'll figure something out. I have to."

**A/N hey guys! I'm so sorry this is weeks late, I've just been occupied. But I'm gonna do a lot of writing for this book. I promise.