T E N ~ T H E T R U T H

Mrs. March

Chapter Ten

The Truth 

"It is my fault she is dead" James said once again.

"James.." Jasmine whispered. 

She didn't know what to say. Was he telling the truth? She had spent years convincing herself that he did it, but now that he admitted it she couldn't believe it.

"She was running around with Elizabeth. They were playing that game she loved to play-"

"Cops and prisoners" Jasmine whispered.

"Yes. They had been playing for hours. I was busy with Holly. There was a knock on the door" 

Flashback

Knock, Knock

"Shut up" James hissed in Holly's face as she sobbed.

"Who is it?" James called through the door angrily.

"Daddy? Can I come in?" Cassandra asked and slowly opened the door.

James acted quickly though and slammed the door shut before she could see anything.

"No sweetheart. Daddy's busy" James smirked at Holly.

Holly tried to scream but James smothered her mouth.

"Daddy? Is mommy okay?" Cassandra asked.

"Cassandra what do you need?" James asked ignoring her question.

"Oh! Mommy was busy and she didn't answer my question. Can auntie Elizabeth and I play in the pool?" Cassandra asked while James struggled with Holly.

"Sure sweetie" James said completely oblivious to Cassandra.

"Thank you daddy!" 

Flashback Over

"That's not what I mean James" Jasmine pulled at her hair. "James someone drowned our daughter" 

"No they didn't! I was careless and let her go to the pool without supervision!" James yelled at Jasmine.

"You thought Elizabeth was with her. It wasn't your fault" Jasmine walked over to the bar.

"Why don't you think it was Elizabeth?" James wondered.

Jasmine simply shrugged.

"The only reason she had for killing Cassandra would be to get rid of your family to keep you. Though she brought me back. And she hates you" Jasmine sat on the edge of the bed with a glass of whiskey.

James stood motionless for a minute. 

James knew that Elizabeth hated him. He wasn't in love with her, but she was the closest thing he had to love until Jasmine came back. But there was one thing that James was certain of.

He was so lost in thought that he didn't hear the gun click.

"James" Jasmine whispered staring dead ahead, not moving an inch.

"Miss. Evers what are you doing?!" James yelled as he came to realization to what was happening.

Miss. Evers was holding a gun to the back of Jasmine's head. Jasmine didn't dare to move. She stayed completely still. Not even daring to take a breath. While Miss. Evers was looking like a mess. She was distraught and had tear stains down her face. 

"She wasn't supposed to stay!" Miss. Evers exclaimed.

"Who wasn't supposed to stay Hazel?" Jasmine spoke carefully.

"She said that you would leave if Cassandra was dead. All I had to do was hide the evidence. Clean it all up and she would leave" Miss. Evers hand shook slightly.

It was all piecing together in Jasmine's mind. 

"She told me that you and James were only together for the child's sake. If she was gone then you would divorce him and she would leave with you" Miss. Evers cried.

"Did you kill my daughter" James' anger seethed through his voice.

"No. I loved her like my own. But she killed her" Miss. Evers stared at James.

"Who killed her Hazel?" 

"I love you James! I have always been by your side. No matter what! I cleaned up after you for years! Jasmine hated that you did those things! I loved you for it! And Elizabeth was with you because she is a gold digging bitch!" Miss. Evers yelled.

"Who killed my daughter you stupid bitch" Jasmine lunged at her. 

Bang!

"Jasmine!" 

Jasmine's eyesight began to become foggy. She fell backwards on the carpet. 

"Jasmine" James jumped to her side and started putting pressure on the bullet wound on her stomach.

"No! No! No! She can't die here!" Miss. Evers cried out but James ignored her. He would deal with her later. Jasmine could not die here.

"You're not meant to die here Jasmine" James muttered to the dying woman in his arms.

"James..."

"My love"

"James I love you" 

Jasmine felt the life leave her body. It started with the warmth slowly dissipating. Then it started getting dark. Scarily dark. She could only see James. And when James left her eyesight, she left her body.

James was hunched over Jasmine's body with tears running down his face. He knew that she would return, but a beautiful woman like that should not be trapped in this horrible place.

"Mr. March" Miss. Evers placed a hand on his shoulder.

James grabbed her wrist and she gasped in surprise.

"You murdered my wife" James' voice was colder than usual.

"M-Mr. March" Miss. Evers was cut off by a loud heartbroken scream.

"Jasmine!" The female voice screamed.

"You idiot! You ruined everything!" 

"You told me almost a century ago that it would be fixed!" Miss. Evers defended herself.

"Now you're stuck with both of us for eternity" 

James stared at the woman in shock. It all pieced together.

"You murdered my daughter" James spoke emotionlessly.

"I did" Elizabeth spoke quietly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n- I am soooooooo sorry for the long wait! But here it is! The next chapter will probably be the last. And then I think i'll post and epilogue and an alternate ending. So leave your feedback in the comments! So we finally found out who murdered Cassandra. But we did lose Jasmine throughout the whole process. 

 Since sooo many people have been reading, voting, messaging and commenting on this story i've been thinking about having a contest. If you guys think that would be a good idea then say so in the comment section. If a lot of you say yes then i'll post the rules tomorrow or Sunday. 

Thank you for reading! We made it to 3.6K reads!! Lets try to reach 4K before the next chapter is up! 

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Follow!!!

Love you guys!

Muahhhh

Cammi