Past

Maya's POV

Have you ever just sat back and really thought about life. Like why are we even here, all we are going to do is die? Since I know I only have one life I am going take the best of it. That all crashed down when I told Riley how I felt. I was in 8th grade, we were sitting at her bay window as always. I told her I wanted to talk to her about something important.

"Maya, I'm here to listen." She smiled. That's why I thought it would be easy to tell her how I felt. And she would let me down easily, because she is the sweetest person to ever exist.

"Maya you'll always be my best friend." I took a deep breath and told her.

"Riley, I'm in love with you." She looked at me shock written across her face.

"Maya, you know that I'm straight, and that I like Lucas."

"I knew you would say something like that. I just felt that I needed to tell you. You are my best friend." She smiled warmly at me.

"Maya, you're still my best friend, I just don't feel the same way." I left her house. But the rejection still hurt. As we got into high school we drifted apart, and I heard that she was dating Lucas. The one person I hated the most. I hated him from the moment Riley noticed him. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on my door. Farkle.

So here are some chapters for this story. Not sure when I'll update again, I really like to work on one at a time. Which I'm not really done with my other story call 'Love, You'll Fall Into It'. So I hope you like it so far. Don't for get to vote and comment!

~Jarzarmax~