o n e

"Lani are you ready?" I hear my mom call from downstairs. I sigh and get off my bed, putting my new iPhone 6s Plus in my back pocket, surprisingly it fits.

My mom got me the phone because she felt bad that me made us move in with her new boyfriends James to New York and to top that off she's pregnant, new baby, new phone. Maybe if she has another baby I can get a new laptop too.

I walk down the stairs and go into the kitchen to see my mom drinking a cup of orange juice and eating a pickle. I look at her with disgust.

"What? Don't look at me like that, I was craving them." She pouted, I just rolled my eyes playfully and walked over to her, kissing her cheek lightly.

"Are you excited to go to your new school?" James asked putting down his cup of coffee.

"Yeah because everyone would be excited to move in the middle of the school and try to make friends. Whoopee so much fun." I said sarcastically, James just shook his head and chuckled.

"Don't worry, you'll make friends easily you're a lovely girl."

I sure hope so.

James tells me it's time to go, so I grab my backpack and tell my mom goodbye before we leave. I pull out my phone and headphones once I get into the car.

James starts the car and puts it in reverse then drives off. I put my headphones in and play Bryson tillers album, his voice always found a way to calm me down.

* * *

About thirty minutes past when we finally reach the school building, it was pretty big. I turned off the music and put my phone away staring at all the people.

I guess James could see me mentally panicking, he his hand on my shoulder and gave me a reassuring smile.

"You're going to be fine, you should get going don't want to be late."

"You're not going in with me?" I asked uneasily, thinking about how I could make a fool of myself.

"I have to run some errands for your mother, I'm sorry."

I nod and get out of the car, grabbing my backpack with me. Many people were staring at me and whispering, I looked back and seen that James was gone. I took and deep breathe and walked towards the doors.

I was walking around, looking for the office when I bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry!" A girl with pretty dark skin and curly black hair said with wide eyes.

"It's okay, don't sweat it." I said smiling.

"Wait, I haven't seen you around here before. Are you new? Obviously you're new because I never seen you before and I know everyone here and now I'm talking to myself gosh." I giggle softly watching the girl in front of me.

She looked at me and started to giggle too. I already know I'm going to like her.

"I'm ariella but you can call me ari." Ariella put out her hand for me to shake and I did.

"I'm kehlani, but most call me lani."

"Well it's nice to meet you lani, what's your schedule?" Ari asked.

"I actually don't know, I was looking for the off-"

"Ariella Marie Skye, there you are you had me going crazy looking for your ass, who are you?" Another girl with lighter skin, a nose piercing and brown curly hair turned and faced me confused.

"This," ari pointed to me. "Is kehlani, she's new here and kehlani this is my pain in the ass bestfriend jhene." I put my hand out for her to shake but she just pushed it away and pulled me into a hug.

"Sorry I'm more a hugger, oh and you can call me nene by the way." Jhene says and smiles widely when she pulls away.

"Can one of you show me where the office is?" I ask hopefully.

Both girls look at each other and nod, linking their arms with mine. I looked around as ari and jhene were having their own conversation, I didn't even realize that we were at the office.

"Lani were here." Nene waved her hand in my face crazily causing me to jump and make the girls laugh.

"That's not funny." I pouted and walked through the office doors, standing in front of the secretary.

She looked up from her computer and gave me one of those fake smiles. I know she really didn't want to bother with me.

"Do you need something sweetie?" She asked.

No I don't need help I'm just going to watch you work all day because I have nothing better to do with my live. But of course I just smiled and nodded.

"Yeah I'm new here and I need my schedule. I'm kehlani Jackson." The lady just nodded, she really didn't care.

* * *

I found out I had most of my classes with the girls. I didn't have English or science with them but it's all good. We were heading to math first but we were in a hurry because we were late. Ari said we probably won't get in trouble because I'm new. New person advantages I like it.

I could feel someone looking at me, you know that feeling when their eyes burn into the back of your head? Yeah I'm feeling that right now so I looked around to see where it was coming from.

There was this boy who had curly hair, you could tell his real hair color is brown and he dyed the top a blondish color. It fit his complexion though and he had really pretty eyes, they looked almost gold, you could see the outline of his muscle through his shirt and he was tall damn.

I guess I was staring for too long because he started to smirk and winked at me. I turned back around quickly and started to blush.

"Who's got you blushing?" Nene said poking my cheek, making me blush more.

"N-nobody, but who's that boy over there." I said pointing back at him, smiling.

Nene's face dropped. "That's Kevin, stay away from him."

"Why? What hap-"

"Just stay away!" She snapped and ran away. I looked over at ari and she smiled sadly.

"Nene's right stay away from Kevin, he's a player and so happens to be her ex boyfriend. She caught him kissing some stank ass hoe named Nyla."

I shook my head in disgust and look back at him, he was smiling but instead of smiling back I just glared, he looked at me confused and I just kept on walking.

Don't need no player messin with my head. But damn he was cute as hell.