Chapter X: Claire

Time had passed since my last encounter with Leo but since than we had been friendly with each other. The underlying flirting was obvious from his end though I just assumed it was a part of his personality and not his attraction to me because of the mate bond. He even let me in on some decisions when it came to pack which was nice.

Everyone knew who I was now but I didn't want a ceremony welcoming me into Leo's pack as I was still getting used to the idea of this world. Some of the women were nice and others seemed like they had a bone to pick from me. Mae said it was just because they wanted the power that came with being with an Alpha and to just shrug it off. It wasn't like I needed the power from Leo anyways...Lydia had pointed out from the beginning I was already powerful and suspected me to be the daughter of some Alpha's myself.

I stood in a mustard colored dress and burgundy colored cardigan, along with the same brown ankle boots I had worn the other day. My hair had grown considerably longer in the time I had spent with them as it flowed in waves down my back. A thin brown belt was wrapped around my waist and a necklace that Mae had given to me as a welcoming gift adorned my neck. Today I was getting to go visit the school that all the werewolves of Leo's pack attended and I would be lying if I wasn't a little nervous.

"Are you sure I look fine?" I whispered in Mae's ear as we got closer to the school.

Mae was wearing a  high waist black skirt that came down to her ankles and a blood red long sleeved cropped shirt. Her black hair had been done into a braided crown and I debated on stealing that outfit of hers to wear one day. It was a good thing we wore the same size.

"Trust me Claire...if I'm saying you look decent to meet everyone and guys are acknowledging those gorgeous tan legs of yours then you'll be okay to meet the children. If anything they're just thrilled to meet the Luna. It's very exciting when they meet a high ranking wolf."

"But they don't even know me..."

"They don't have to know you to love you or respect you. As werewolves it is built in us to respect our elders and those who rule over us. Their love for you is automatic and while it may seem strange you'll understand once you're able to connect with them. It will be an instantaneous response to engage with them and welcome their love, you will also return with the affection and willingness to protect them. The moon goddess chose you for specific reasons after all and I believe my brother will soon begin to notice as well." she gave a sly grin and my gaze dropped to the ground.

The memory of me simply hugging Leo flooded my mind and I felt my cheeks heat up. After I had told Mae what had happened she laughed and set it was the mate bond pulling at me. However I still had never even been that forward when it came to guys I was interested in back home in high school. The supernatural world was very strange in how it worked.

"Well whoever this 'she' he gets worked up over to go and get angry with you must hold a dear place in his heart. I don't want to be someone's second choice and I won't push for his affection either Mae, it just isn't who I am. We may have come to an agreement to talk again and I may have forgiven him for invading my mind but it still makes me weary as to how much he knows of me..."

Mae frowned and averted her gaze on me.

"Claire, the girl that Leo is so hung up on isn't what you may think it is. She's-"

"How is my younger sister and mate doing?" Leo's voice cut through what Mae was trying to say and I looked up to see his dazzling smile.

I couldn't help but smile in return. I knew it was the pull but at least it was on positive thing that it made me feel happy when he was near. Although my mind was still curious and weary of how much he knew of me and yet I knew almost nothing of him.