Mother Ship

Robin pushed down the panic that flared in his chest, they had 13 more seconds until the bombs he had set would explode. He turned to KF, deep weariness flooding through him at his friend's grim expression. They would have time to mourn later. Right now they needed to concentrate on getting out alive. He nodded to the speedster, determination tightening his grip on the batarangs he held in each gloved hand. They would make it, they had to. The world was counting on them. In perfect synchronization achieved only through months of practice, they lunged out from their hiding place at the mechanical robots that had killed so many of their friends. 10 seconds. He threw the batarang and it lodged itself in the cannon of one robot, exploding and sending it reeling backwards. He dodged an orange disintegrating beam and flipped away from a mechanical leg, searching wildly for KF. Jumping onto the sleek top of one robot, he was able to make out his friend attacking a robot with unbridled ferocity. He plunged the sharp, metal point of the batarang into the robot's interior, sawing through a tangled mess of wires in the hopes of shutting it down. The thing shuddered beneath him before swiveling its cannon toward the threat. 7 seconds. Jumping to avoid the beam, he landed behind the cannon and sliced through the large wires connecting it to the robot. 5 seconds. "KF!" he shouted. They needed to leave. A wind blew the dark hair away from his sweaty neck and he almost sighed in relief. "C'mon, we-" he began, but KF grabbed him by the arm, his eyes telling him to hurry, hurry, hurry. Robin climbed onto KF's back, wrapping his arms tightly around the speedster's neck as he ran. Just before they could hit the large, metal door trapping them in the interior of the mother ship, Robin threw a small hand grenade, effectively opening up their escape route. 3 seconds. KF did not pause, instead they sped through the alien ship, down corridors and corridors of sleek metal. Finally, finally they reached the hangar where they had first entered. 2 seconds. KF picked up speed , nearing the edge of the ship where he could see only darkness beyond. Then suddenly they were falling. Falling, falling, falling as the ship lit up in a display of beautiful orange, and yellow, and heat. 

     Everything hurt. Nothing felt right. His head pounded in a monotonous rhythm, and all his senses felt dull and faraway. Only the sensation of falling was acute in his memory, of falling forever. He tried to force his eyes open, dry and sticky lids slowly rising until he could see a sky of grey smoke, and fire. The mother ship. Batman. The Justice League. Artemis. Aqualad.  Superboy. Dead. Falling, falling, falling. KF. His fingers moved, they felt numb and too big, but he pushed himself to sit up, to look. His ribs ached, and one leg had pain flaring through it, he was so tired. His eyes widened. KF. Wally. He lay with his limbs flared outwards, bent unnaturally, eyes open and- Robin looked away. No... he saw blood and heard the distressed screams of a little boy. Clapping, applause, her face as she fell. That sound, that terrible sound as bones cracked against the floor. Too bright colors of a circus tent. That sound, that cracking sound. Screaming. Screaming. Screaming. Screaming. Applause, a thin wire, her face, horror, realization, crack. Crack, crack, crack, crack. He saw red blood, and the too bright colors of a circus tent with that beautiful orange and yellow. He saw red blood, and black spots that clouded his vision, and he was so, so grateful. He readily gave up on consciousness. 

Hey, let me know what you think and if I should continue! Please send ideas of what should happen next! Thanks.