Melody

It was a cold and vengeful night, Melody was on her way to Vanessa's party. She and Vanessa have been best friends since elementary school. Melody arrives to her house only to see Vanessa passed out on the floor. She had been drinking too much. The guys at the party tried to get her to wake up but were unsuccessful.

So much for letting lose tonight. Melody thought to herself.

Melody had to tell everyone to leave so Vanessa can get some rest. Melody finally got Vanessa to wake up.

"What happened?" Vanessa asked.

"You got so drunk you passed out at your own party!" Melody replied laughing.

"Oh god damn it, not again! Hey, you spending the night ?"

"No I can't. Mom wants me home tonight."

"Ugh, you need a ride ?"

"No it's ok. I can walk."

" You want to walk home ?! Are you crazy?! Thugs are out there right now !"

"It's better than you driving me home drunk and shit! Besides, I'm a tough cookie. I know martial arts. I'll call you when I get home." Melody said as she walked out the room.

Gotham City, ugh, I can't wait to leave this dump soon.

She thinks to herself. Melody walks into an alley, it's a short cut to get home faster. She keeps walking until she feels likes some ones is following her.

"Hello?"

She says as she turns around. No answer. She turns back around only to find a Joker thug staring at her.

"Hello." The thug says as he reached out to touch her face.

"What do you want?" Melody asks.

"I want to take your money and kill you...for fun"

"Um I'm ok with everything but the killing part. Can we just skip that ?"

"Nope."

"HELP HELP SOMEBODY!"

Melody screams. She starts to run and she hears someone fighting the thug. She turns and to her surprise it's Robin, The Boy Wonder.

"Are you ok ? Did he hurt you?" He asks.

"I'm fine thank you."

"What are you doing out here? It's not safe out here at night" He says.

"I'm walking home, you see-" she was interrupted.

"Robin! Where did you go?" Batman asked him.

"I'm sorry Batman. I heard her cries for help and I jumped to action." Robin said. 

"I understand. If you can, walk her home and be safe. Joker's thugs are being spotted in the area. He might not be the only one."

"Thank you Batman" Melody says as Batman disappears.

The entire walk to Melody's house was awkward. She tried to make conversation but Robin barley talked back to her.

"Thank you for walking me home Robin. Can I give my hero a kiss?" Melody asks.

"No problem. And sure go ahead. I don't bite." He says as he leans in.

Melody gave Robin a quick kiss on the lips.

"Good night boy wonder. Melody said.

"Good night Melody." Robin said as he went off into the night.