8th grade presedent

The 8th grade president

Hi, this is a story about a boy name John. This is the story about the time John went mad with power while being the 8th grade president. It all started like this.... John was getting his stuff from his locker. His school was just built and it is in Ohio which is pretty big. It had new smells to it like a lemony scent. Then someone said "Hi John!" "Your blond hair looks great today". John turned swiftly. He was surprised who said it. John turned and saw it was May. Sam was also with her. May is the second prettiest girl in the whole school. She also thinks that John's blue eyes are gorgeous. Sam is the quiet type. She doesn't say much but if she does, its usually something small. "Hi May. Hi Sam." John replied. "What's up?" "We saw something you might want to see." She had an excited look on her face. I wondered, what does she want to show me?

"Follow us." Sam said nervously. John followed them because he was curious of what they wanted to show him . John then saw around the corner a sign that said, "we need a president for each grade. Do you have what it takes?" John knew it was meant for him. John was all excited but he didn't really want to express it so John simply said "wow, and voting starts in 2 weeks." May replied, "are you going to do it John?" "Sure I'll do it,. John replied. "We'll help you get votes then" Sam said nervously. Then out of no where, Conner and Jennifer came, they liked each other. Conner was a sports addict. Jennifer is a smart girl. She gets all A's. "Hi Connor, Hi Jennifer" we all said. May and John then told them all about their plan on how to boost John's campaign for class president.

All of them were at the printing place the next day except Conner and Jennifer. They were off doing their own thing. May went up to the Shopkeeper and said, "We need Posters and buttons that say, Vote John for 8th grade president."

"How many would you like?" the Shopkeeper replied.

"Hmm... fifteen posters and two-hundred buttons." May said back.

"Okay your order will be ready in 20 minutes," the Shopkeeper replied.

"Okay" May replied. May then walked over to the group and said "we need to wait 20 minutes for them to be done." So they waited and talked until their order was ready. The Shopkeeper then said,

"That will be fourteen dollars and fifty cents."

"Perfect!" May replied, "thank you," everyone said.

"Okay now lets get back to the school and start handing out buttons" John said. "Oh and thank you guys for helping me." "No problem John" May replied. "We would help you with anything."

We arrived at school and started handing out buttons and people all around were saying stuff like "you got my vote" and "I hope you win." Then Conner and Jennifer met the gang at school. They were holding hands so most of us knew what they were going to say. Conner said " Jennifer is now my girlfriend." Yea he asked me while you guys were at the printing store," Jennifer replied. We all started clapping for them every one of us except Sam gave them a "congratulation guys!" "So back to business, the big assembly is in a few days, we have until then to boost John's campaign," May said. So for the next few days the gang kept handing out buttons.

The following week, John was at home getting ready for school. He kept thinking today is the day! John ate breakfast quickly scarfing down his food. When he was done the bus came and he was off to school. John was ready for the big assembly so he tried to go as fast as he could to the auditorium. Then John thought it would be nice to win, to have the power... to change things... the pow... John was woken by his thoughts, May said "hey John are you ready?" Yep" John replied nervously, "I am." "Then get on out there" May replied. John stepped out to the podium. When John got up there he started his speech. "hello there I would like to be the next 8th grade president. If I do get elected I will try to make this school better in any way I can. I shall not fail, I shall not quit, I will not give up. Because this school is awesome!"It was quiet so quiet that you could hear a cricket chirping somewhere.

John thought he had lost but then everyone started cheering! John thought to himself, "I must of won them over." After school John went to the clubhouse and just thought. It was getting late so John decided to head home. John knew he was going to win so he had no trouble sleeping. John was dreaming he was at school but no one was there, just him. John knew he must be dreaming when the teacher disappeared and then in the teachers place was a red mist. The mist flew at John and John woke up immediately he tried to remember his dream but he had forgotten about it already.

"Today is the day!" John said. He looked at his clock it said 7:20. "The bus will be here in 5 minutes!" John screamed. . He quickly got dressed and skipped breakfast. He swiftly got on the bus then he was off to school. Once John got off the bus and into the school he saw it on a poster right next to his name. It said new 8th grade president. Millions of thoughts were going on inside of John's mind. Then John heard someone say, "congratulations John" and "you da man John" from students all around.

A ding came from the loudspeakers. Must be an announcement John thought. "John would you please come to the principal's office? Thank you." John started down the hallway to the principal's office. John was having thoughts he had never thought of before, he felt different inside.

Principle Roy was there to greet him. "John you know being the 8th grade president is a big responsibility." "I know," replied John. "Okay good," Principal Roy replied. "Now off you go."

John walked down the hallway for some reason he felt... different somehow like he wasn't himself, like he wanted more power. "Must be nothing," John thought to himself. John didn't say hi to others when they said hi to him like he usually does. He just ignored them. Then John had the craziest thought he ever thought in his life. He thought I have a plan to food poison all the other grade presidents above me and below.

The next day Principal Roy left John in charge for the day. The principal said he forgot some important thing and will be back in an hour. Jhon then thought, "yes.... my plan is working!" Then SNAP! Just like that John turned into a different version of himself, a power craving one. John quickly went to the microphone and said "This is John speaking, principal Roy left me in charge and all I have to say is teachers must give students more homework. If they do not do what want and double the food prices no wait TRIPPLE THEM!!!!!" "WHAT!?!??!?!?!??!?" everyone screamed "he's gone mad with power," May said "we have to stop him!" John saw on the monitor that his friends were coming for him, then said "looks like my friends are trying to stop me." "Anyone who catches them gets the week off of school with no homework." Everyone immediately looked at the group then all of a sudden someone said "GET THEM!"

They went after the gang and the gang immediately ran faster. They were close to the office but then they were stopped by Tyson, the meanest guy you could ever meet. He said with a deep voice "where do you think your going pipsqueaks? I want that week off and if you try to run your D-E- Uh... E-A-D." He had an evil grin on his face. No one said a word, then May darted for it. She got past Tyson and ran for it. She finally made it to the office threw the door open then she saw John "John snap out of it!" "NEVER!" John replied, he started laughing and laughing May saw a bottle of water on a desk opened it and threw it at John. It hit John with a splash! John shook his head and instantly woke from his trance and said "whoa what... what just happend?" May replied by saying"John you went mad with power for some reason. You just lost it." John then realized what he had done. He then remembered about the red mist, it was his anger. John then said "i'm sorry May I couldn't control myself, I shall now resign as the 8th grade president." John then walked over to the microphone and said "forget about what I said go back to class."