Chapter Sixteen- Mums

“Mum! Leave them alone, it’s been a while since Louis’ been able to sleep and no matter if Zayn just woke up, he probably needs the rest!”

My ear twitched as I heard the familiar voice of my sister scolding my mother.

It had been a few days since Louis told me he loved me. Loved me. I almost cried, but Louis distracted me with a searing kiss that left my head spinning.

Right now, we were asleep on his bed- the hospital released me yesterday- with his arms wrapped around me, tight enough to keep me firmly next to him and at the same time loose enough so that my ribs wouldn’t hurt.

“But they need to eat!"

Right. Mother and sister in the room. I tried to sit up, but Louis only tucked me further into his side, drawing the others’ attention.

“Sorry Mum woke you, Zayn.” I only shook my head at Doniya, turning and cuddling into Louis’ chest, making him press a soft kiss to the top of my head, but I could tell he was pretty much still asleep.

“Awww!” Doniya and Mum cooed at us. I chose to ignore them, instead tucking myself further into Louis, if it was possible.

Since hybrids healed faster than most, my tail was already healed, as was my arm and since my ear was stitched it was healed as well, leaving my ribs still pretty bruised and sore but okay.

Hearing the door close, I shut my eyes and drifted back off to sleep.

ʢ Liam’s POV ʡ- Been a while since we’ve seen you, buddy.

A knock on the door distracted me from the movie Niall had put in- we were all situated in the living room, Louis and Zayn included, watching Finding Nemo. Safaa and Zayn were both fascinated by the movie- Zayn by the fish and Safaa by both her brother and the colors and whatnot.

Pressing a kiss to Danielle’s temple, I removed my arm from around her shoulders and stood, pulling down my shirt and making my way to the door, stepping over girls and non-hybrid couples as well.

Eleanor and Perrie had announced- nervously- that they were dating, which we all only laughed at, pointing out Louis and Zayn and Niall and Harry.

Another knock on the door startled me from my thoughts and I pulled it open to reveal Jay Tomlinson. Behind her stood Lottie.

Glancing back at the quiet party in the living room, I noticed Zayn looking towards me. His view of Jay was blocked by me, thankfully, and I shook my head at him. He slowly tore his gaze from me and started watching the movie again. Safaa’s voice was pointing out the hammerhead shark, proudly stating that she knew what type of shark it was.

Stepping outside, I closed the door behind me, watching Jay the entire time. I couldn’t hate the woman, she was like a second mother to me- as was Niall’s mother and Harry’s mother, and now Zayn’s mother too.

“Is Zayn here?”

“Yes.” I replied shortly. My voice wasn’t cold, but it wasn’t welcoming either.

“Lottie told me about him and I came to apologize for acting out so abruptly.”

I nodded. “Zayn’s a forgiving person. Your son, on the other hand, can hold a grudge.” I told her, smiling as she chuckled. “I’ll go get them and we’ll see what happens.”