Chapter 29

*Abhivanth Pov*

I glanced at the door after hanging up the call from the party office intimating me about the speech which can ruin Aahil's career day after tomorrow.

They said he already knows about it but didn't react. Did he have another plan or is there something else going on in his head?

I left the room and glanced at the dining table to see everyone present except Dileep, who seems to be fine as per his secretary.

I walked near to the table with determination, and Aahil glanced at me before serving his food and started having it.

"Did you hear about this?" I asked, sitting at my place raising my tone, hoping Premila would will say something after this.

"Yes! I got to know about it this morning." He replied, continuing to have his food.

"And you are sitting here having your food?" I asked composing my surprised look.

"I thought it was dinner time." He replied, and everyone frowned at him along with me.

"What happened?" Premila asked, to which he shrugged and just had his food.

"Nipuna is going to give a speech in his father's campaign day after tomorrow, and it is not a surprise regarding what she is going to talk." I replied shaking my head dramatically.

"That girl!" she said, shaking her head.

"You need to call her and settle this. Otherwise, your career is doomed." I said when she didn't comment much more.

"People know whom to vote and whom to not." he said again shrugging.

"No! She is a woman and to top of that pregnant and your wife. This is more than worse, Aahil." I said in a hard tone thinking he may tell us the reason for which he is sitting quietly.

"Let me have my food." He said, staring at his plate, and I don't have anything else to say for now.

"Can't we stop her?" Nipuna asked when we left for our room while he sat near the dining table itself.

"I don't think we can." I replied honestly.

"But this is his dream. He cannot live without it." She mumbled and I stared at her, to which she gave me a glare.

"Don't you dare to think that this was same for you too at that time, and I didn't understand you. You said to my face that if you married that woman, then you wouldn't have been in the position where you had to leave the dream of yours." She added fisting her hands, and I frowned, trying to remember pushing aside the relief knowing my plan worked and she told my main mistake, which is hurting her.

"Premila! You know that I love you and only you. I said that once in anger and frustration. I can never think of my life with someone else, and you know it." I said, holding her shoulders when I finally remembered what she is talking about and how I said those words once.

"I learned one thing in this marriage, Abhivanth. Love is never enough." She said, pushing away my hands.

"I don't even know that woman, Premila. I love you the same, but I just forgot to show it with the pity party I was having like you said." I said stopping her.

"Do you really think I should forget everything after fifteen years of your pushing away just like that?" she asked frowning.

"Didn't we have any moments between us during all these years?" I asked frowning back.

"I am not saying you didn't love me. Because every time I was in pain, you were there holding my hand when I didn't get it from you." She replied looking down.