Chapter Fifteen

A man picked Eli's body up and flung it over her shoulder. I was too damn numb to move or beg him to be gentle. Another man man gathered me into his arms and carried me away. I was limp. I was practically dead. My throat felt like it would be closed forever with grief. "What are we going to do with her?" Somebody shouted. "She looks kind of...dead." 

"Yeah, well..." The man carrying me replied. "I'm sure the Alphas will still pay good money for an almost-dead female werewolf." The Alphas. So this was it. This was the end of my story. The Alphas had finally won. 

I thought I could win. I though Eli and I could run forever, but now...Eli was dead. I'd rather be dead. "She's really quite beautiful." Someone said. "I wouldn't mind to keep her for myself. I haven't had a good roll in a few years."

My eyes darted around to look for the host of the voice. I didn't care how sad and numb I was. I wasn't going to let them do anything to me. I caught the eye of a very buff guy who was staring at me like he had something to say. His blue eyes looked into mine with heat, hate and lust. For some reason, he reminded me so much of Eli.

I felt a twang in my chest as I thought of his name. 

Eli.

I looked away, gasping for air from the pain. Why did this happen? 

"What's wrong with her?" The same guy asked as before.

The guy who was holding me shrugged. "I wouldn't know, Luke..." They stopped walking and the man sat me down on the ground. "Hey, chica? What's wrong with you?"

I was shaking and scrying uncontrolably. My subconsious was yelling at me to stop being so weak, but I couldn't. My heart fluttered lightly in my chest as I hyperventilated, searching for some kind of soothing effect from the air. Of course, I got nothing. I just....laid there like a dead tree. 

"Why is she saying 'Eli' like that?" Luke murmured. 

"You're such a dumbass." Someone said. "That guy we poisoned was Eli and I bet you anything that he was her mate." 

I wanted to scream at them, tell them all that he wasn't just that guy. He was mine, my only. ANd he was gone because of them. They didn't know Eli. They didn't know me! I wanted to rip their heads off and kill them all. I wanted to taste their blood on my tongue and feel their bodies die in my hands. For once in my werewolf life, I wasn't ashamed of these feelings. I embraced it. I deserved my vengeance. Just because...he...was dead, didn't mean I had to stop living. I could go back to the pack....maybe make friends with Annabel and Sebastian and Harry. I could see a whole new life....no matter how empty it would be. 

My body reacted to my thoughts before I told it to do anything. The four men looked at me with amaizment as I stood to face them. "You're dead." I hissed and launched for a throat. 

The screaming began. The first man's throat was clawed out easily. He dropped dead to the ground. The othere three started to comeafter me. One had a needle, another had a knife and the Logan guy was just crouched deffensively. I sawy Eli's body piled on the ground and I roared with rage. 

"DAMN YOU!" I screamed, jumping for the man with the knife. Blood spilled into my mouth and I groaned deliciously. It felt so nice to let it out this way. The man gurgled his last breath and collapsed. I went for the next one. 

I slapped the needle away quite easily before I twisted his arm around his back and pulled, hard. The loud, audible crack satisfied my thirst for death. The man cried out in pain. I snapped his neck. I turned to face Luke, who was still crouched defensively, but hesitating. His eyes were fearful and hesitant as he stared at my stained body, waiting for me to make the first move. I felt omething quiver in my chest, like a bowstring vibrating. Luke dropped to his knees and stared up at me.

"I deserve whatever you do to me. I'm sorry I've caused you so much pain." 

His blue eyes seemed sincere. I brought my hand up anyways and stared back. I was just about to strike when I realized he didn't actually do anything. He was innocent. I bared my teeth at him. "Just be happy you'r enot dead where you stand." I turned away and walked to Eli's body. He needed a proper burrial. 

I started digging. 

****

Hands up if you hate me!

Woo! Another chapter DOWN! I'm proud of myself... Kinda... Also pissed that I killed Eli...it made me cry a little. I died with him. I will miss his smarty remarks and perverted mind...