chapter three

"You sure you don't need any further help?" Erik asked while he placed my suitcases on my temporary bed. The CIA Facility is such a pristine and modern association, every room that I've seen looked borderline futuristic.

We had arrived no less than an hour ago and night has already fallen on us. The dark scenery and the glowing lights of the compound ignite the purest beauty of marble I've ever seen. Not to mention the specimen currently standing in front of me right now.

Charles diverted away from us once we arrived, having some "business" to attend to.

Erik showed me around to all of the basic rooms. Such as the kitchen, bathroom, lobby, etc., etc. And now we are both cooped up in my room. Now all I could think about was a hot shower.

"I think I'll be good." I simply said, followed by me slightly smiling at him. My smile was reciprocated with a huge grin before Erik started to head out of the room.

"Oh- and by the way, we won't be staying here for very long. Me and Charles have bigger plans." Erik spurted as he peeked his head through the door. Once he was finished talking, he left the door cracked. And now he's off to God knows where.

This is the first time I've been alone in the past couple of hours, and now Erik's absence is prominently felt. I tried to shrug it off as I came to the conclusion I was falling too hard, too fast. This man has only spoken a handful of words to me and he's already got me weak at the knees.

I walk over to the pearl colored, laced bed to open my suitcase. The room I'm in has two windows that took place across from the bed, which were now shielded by black drapes. And then, across the room, there's a small door that leads into a tiny bathroom. The only thing that gives this room any type of character is a piece of artwork that's hanging on the wall directly across from the door.

I tried to keep focused, for once, to actually get shit done. In a sudden burst of energy, I unpacked the outfit I'm planning to wear tonight, since Erik said that everyone was getting together to meet one another. I picked out a long sleeve, light grey crop top with a zipper in the back, and a white, flowy, high-waisted skirt. In case you couldn't tell, I love crop tops. And how could I forget the knee high, black boots?

Once those were placed carefully outside the shower, I undressed myself. Every time I remove my clothing and allow myself to freely breathe, my wings slowly emerge from my skin and I can feel them cascade around me. I progressively feel their weight being added to my body.

I grabbed a towel that was sitting on the bed and I wrapped it around myself, without covering my wings of course. I was about to head into the bathroom, but the art piece on the wall closest to me caught my eye. {see image at beginning of chapter} The art piece had all different values of color splashed within the canvas. The subject was a young girl covered in a beautiful rose pink dress playing the violin to a statue across from her. This painting made my heart ache for my music. I touched the violin in the painting, imagining the shiny oak that once laced mine..

"Did you play?" Erik startled me greatly, to say the least. I jolted and quickly spurred around. I was met by Erik dressed in all black like he was earlier, except his eyes were heavy and a bit glazed over.

"I- Uh,- Yea." I muttered. My cheeks were flushed red and the hold I had on my towel tightened. I was still standing by the painting as Erik started to walk towards this side of the room, eyeing me up and down. He didn't neglect the wings either, he made sure to fully scan those as well. Currently, my wings were sprawled out to their full length. But since Erik is soon going to be in close proximity, I fold them behind my back, making it easier for him to fit right beside me.

"My mother used to as well, hence the interest I have for classical music. I can't remember a moment in the house that the bright  sound wasn't echoing the halls." He drearily spilled. Erik never looked at me once after he came to stand beside me. His eyes were locked onto the painting, just like my eyes were locked onto him. Even in a room full of art I'd still stare at him.

I didn't know what to do, so I placed a reassuring hand on his broad shoulder. This caused him to release some tension that I'm not sure he knew he was holding. He then turned his sharp, deep blue eyes to my pale, icy ones. I then slowly brought my arm to my side.

Before I knew it, he was brushing a loose strand of hair away from my face, soon following the path of my shoulder to my feathered wings. His fingertips caused my skin to heat up under his touch, traveling goosebumps wherever they fell. My eyes subconsciously fluttered shut to the contact, followed by a shaky swallow.

"They're more magnificent then I could've ever imagined." He trailed his fingertips over the large round, before slowly following it down. He then grazed his fingers back up to my shoulder, just barely touching me. I could feel the slight tickle along with the roughness of his hands. Erik then continued to follow the curves of my shoulder and neck, before cupping my face with his large grip. Without thinking I rested my head within the palm of his hand. I could feel my knees starting to weaken and my hold on the towel starting to loosen.

"God, why do I have such an effect on you?" Erik almost whispered, now starting to rub circles with his thumb on my heated skin.

"I have yet to figure that out myself." I breathily sighed. I was taking in everything on how this was feeling, down to every last detail. The way that his hands are rough on my skin to where they slightly scratch it, but yet smooth enough bring me such a sweet release. To the way his hand fits perfectly in the crook of my neck, and to the way that I wouldn't mind staying like this for as long as I could.

But I snapped out of it.

I reopened my eyes to Erik's intense gaze holding me hostage. I brought Erik's hand away from my face and the crook of my neck, wrapping my hand around his course skin. I tightened my grip on my towel and took a deep breath before lightly nudging past him.

"I need to take a shower." I briskly said while shutting the bathroom door with Erik still on the other side. My hand glided to the nozzles and I turned it straight to freezing cold. My hair's a mess, my cheeks are immensely flushed, and my skin is probably hotter than the sun right now.

"I'll see you later tonight." Erik's voice muffled from the other side of the door, before I heard the main bedroom door close loudly. I took it as cue to wash myself out of my steamy bliss.

---

AYEE ANOTHER UPDATE! but I know you guys probably think this is going wayy too fast, but I wanted it to be like this. I wanted his effect on her to be prominent, and I want her to sort of struggle with her feelings with him throughout this whole story. I hope you enjoyed and please, favorite, comment, etc...

-isabelle:-)