Chapter 23

[Edited]

I woke up late the next morning. I had made a vlog talking about why I hadn't been making videos. Basically I said that I had some things happened and I was now living with James. I didn't want to go into detail, knowing that I wouldn't be able to talk about it without crying. I also was contemplating whether or not to get on the Mianite server. I would have to see Jordan and Tom if I did.

    "They shouldn't keep you from doing the things you love." I whispered to myself. After making myself get up from my position on my bed, I walked towards James' office. I knocked on the door then walked in.

"James.." I said, standing there rubbing my arm. He turned around from his computer and smiled.

    "Yes?" he asked.

    "I-I think I'm going to get back on the Mianite server today." I said. He gave me a concerned look.

    "Are you sure you'll be okay?"

    "Yeah, I'll be fine. I don't have to talk with them. I'll just stay with you."

He sighed and then nodded his head yes. I walked out of his office and back to my room. I prepared everything for the day ahead. I was nervous about getting on the server but I needed to show them, especially Jordan, that I wasn't weak.

~~~*Time Skip: River has been on the server for about 3 hours.*~~~

    Everything had been going good so far. No one talked to me except for James, Spirit Dianite, Martha, and Steve. Everyone was done streaming now and James, Tom, Jordan, Sonja and I were still on the server. I then accidently clicked into the wrong channel for TeamSpeak.

    "Well, well, well. Look who it is. River, oh wait, you don't have a last name anymore do you?" Jordan said. You could hear the smile in his voice. I saw James enter the channel along with Tom. God I hope Tom doesn't try to speak with me.

    "Fuck off." I said to him. I heard a small gasp. It came from Tom.

That's right, he's never heard me swear before.

I mean, not that I cared he heard me. I don't swear often, only when I'm really mad.

    "Don't tell me to fuck off. You're the one who left the country." he replied.

    "Only because I had to." I spoke to him coldly. I have never talked like this to someone before.

God, this world is changing me.

    "River, come on. Lets log off and go get something to eat." James said. You could hear the anger rising in his voice.

    "Okay." I said through my clenched teeth. I logged out of TeamSpeak and out of the server. I shut down my computer and put on some decent clothes. I then walked out of my room, grabbing my jacket on my way out. I met James at the front door and we walked out into the cool night. I suddenly forgot all the anger I was feeling just a few minutes ago.