Colours

this isn't exactly a oneshot - more of a poem about colours.
major character death ~ warning.
sorry it's so short - i'm on holiday!

if you see any dumb mistakes please point them out to me!

x

When the teachers asked five year old Dan what his favourite colour was, he said "Red!"
Red was the colour of Winnie The Pooh's shirt - what other colour would he pick instead?

When the camp instructors asked fifteen year old Dan his favourite colour, he would say, "Black."
Black was the colour of sadness, and nobody loved Dan - although he loved, who loved him back?

When fans ask twenty four year old Dan what his favourite colour was, he would say, "Blue."
Blue was the colour of the ocean, although that wasn't entirely true.

No poet or writer or anybody at all could describe Dan's favourite colour.
The shade change every single day - it depended on the mood of his lover.
Because Dan's favourite colour was the colour of Phil's eyes, and it would stay that way until he died.

Dan was a person of truth.
He was always honest, he really did try.
But that day, Dan lied.

If you ask twenty five year old Dan what his favourite colour was, he would say, "White."
White was the colour of truth, white was the colour of light.

Blue was no longer Dan's favourite colour - his shade of blue was gone.
Because in that fatal car crash, his precious Phil was done.

x

the song is....
*another drumroll*
Pacify Her, Melanie Martinez!