Chapter One

I was not born a police officer's daughter. My mother nor my birth father were affiliated with law enforcement. We are starting this factual bit from the very beginning, October 1st, 1999. Why then? Well, on that day, I was born. The firstborn, and at that time nobody knew the drastic changes that were to take place within the next couple of years.

My mother and father were married before I was born, and remained married up until I was two years old. That being said, I had a pretty normal life up to the completely dramatic, theatrical divorce and obnoxious custody battle. To be truthful, the custody battle lasted over a broad twelve years. But, that twelve years will be explained. That period of time had its hard spots, devastating stretches, and content eras, amongst others. As would be expected. It all started with the initial divorce, and I would say it contained my first "run-in" with the police.

My mother had taken care of my while my father was off working or partying. That is why, when the divorce happened and he tried to take me away from my mother, she refused to let him have me. Absolute refusal, and it turned into a domestic dispute. My father already had another girlfriend despite the divorce not being yet finalized, and she too was part of the dispute. Caitlyn was her name. She came along with my father, whom I now only know by the name of Richard, my grandmother Susan, and my Aunt Eden in an effort to remove me from my mother's arms.

I still find it insane to this day that she would hand me over without a fight, as if I were just a mere piece of paper found on the side of the road. My mother took me and ran. There was no legal custody on me between the two yet, which made the whole entire situation even worse. My mother and I hid out at a friend's apartment, not that I remember the name of the fellow who lived in the apartment, as I was only two years old at the time. The police were called, being told that my mother was abusing me and that my father needed to take me home with him. Therefore, the police came only having the information Richard and his family had given them, and the search for my mother with me had begun.

The search was hours long, all in our little town, however as I have stated the main reason they could not easily find the two of us would have to be caused by my mother staying hidden in her friend's apartment. At some point, hours after the search began, the police did find us. They addressed my mother with what had been going on and why they were called, and despite my mother denying any of the abuse, the police still took me from her arms and carried my toddler-sized body away towards Richard. To this day, my mother can recall the scratch marks I left on her shoulders during that time, as I had attempted to hold on to her while being pulled away.

Let's get real, I was a two year old baby fundamentally who had only really known my mother's love. Now a stranger was forcing me away from her when I did not want to be taken away, and placed into the arms of a man I barely knew. It could be terrifying experiencing this as a small child.

Ultimately, after my parents had went to court, the judge ruled in the favor of my father gaining custody of me, and soon after he married Caitlyn, who became my first (yes, first... she won't be the only one) stepmother. Now I will say this, after a short time of warming up to each other, she was incredible with me. I was constantly winning beauty pageants, pulled off the all A's honor roll year after year as soon as I began school, and by the time I was 6, both my mother and stepmother had given birth to baby boys. My first two siblings, equally boys only 6 months apart.

I did not mind having brothers at all. At the same time, I was only a little girl. Loving life, playing in the mud, it was all rainbows and unicorns from my perspective. I was all in all a content child, and I had everything I wanted and needed. My father, stepmother, brother and I all lived on a farm in a little farm house. I was allotted (and court ordered) to go to my mother's house every other weekend, every other holiday, and for six weeks in the summer after I was dismissed from school for summer break. I loved going over to my mother's house, and playing with James, the older of my two younger brothers, was a huge hobby of mine. Besides, my mother was who raised me up until the divorce. She was who I became used to being around.

It was in no time at all that Caitlyn had another child, my third brother, Isaiah. When it was close to time for Isaiah to sleep in a cradle instead of his mother's womb, we moved into a city. Pretty much going from no neighbors and no traffic, to a neighboring house on every side of us and constant traffic. Richard had promised me he would become a police officer, and it was a weekly plan that we watched the television show "Cops" together. He and I had a very close relationship, I was vastly much daddy's little girl.

We had also become a somewhat religious family, where we had attended church every Sunday morning and night, also Wednesday evenings. The only thing that played on the radio was Christian music, there had been a no cussing rule in place for anyone who entered our home, no drugs or alcohol, just name it.

My second born younger brother (whose name was Justin), Isaiah, and myself had an amazing sibling relationship. Even at the age of nine, I would sit in their room with them playing schoolhouse while Richard slept and Caitlyn worked. I wanted to teach those little boys to be as smart as they could be, even if at the time they barely understood what I was saying. I was very close with all three of my brothers.

As far as work schedules went, Richard worked during the night and slept during the day, and Caitlyn worked during the day and slept through the night. I often was the one to keep Justin and Isaiah busy or make them small meals for breakfast and lunch, and if there were to be an emergency all I had to do was wake Richard up. It was all routine for us. Caitlyn worked in a nursing home as a CNA and Richard worked at a factory.

-Currently unfinished. More will be added.