The Capitol

A/N
Just remember that Kari's POV is written by avengers14 and Maddy's POV is written by me.

Kari

"Are we there yet?"
I ask rubbing sleep from my eyes.
"Almost. That's the fourth time you've asked Kari!"
"Sorry! I can't help it if I'm anxious!"
Maddy laughs.

"Hey, you know Kyle had a crush on you, right?" I ask. He'd asked me not to tell, but with us heading to out deaths, I think she has a right to know.

"Really?" Maddy looks at me in shock. This time it's my turn to laugh.
"You think he broke his leg for no reason?"

"That was for me? I thought he was just being stupid."
I smack my forehead.
"He is kind of stupid sometimes, isn't he? Although he did it for you. His whole world is crumbling with his favorite girls gone."

I smirk, trying to keep my mind off of my fears. That we won't make it out alive. I look down.
"Hey Kari, we'll be fine."
She comes over and sits down next to me.

"I hope you didn't eat everything.
I'm famished!"
I get up and start pacing. I grab a pear and start eating it. I don't want to talk right now, so I stuff my face as the train slows.

"Hey Kari? I think we're here."
I would laugh, but I'd probably choke.

I join Maddy by the window and gaze outside. The Capitol looms in the distance.
I try not to show how nervous I am.

I look over at Maddy, her arms are folded across her chest.
"Here we go...."

/-/-/

We are led from the train by a Peacekeeper and brought to our apartment.

It's completely differant from our small houses back in District 8.

Maddy talks to a woman who seems to have our schedule.
Maddy fakes a smile and ushers the woman out.

"Ugh. Capitol people are so weird. Did you see that wig? It was purple! Purple for crying out loud!"

I laugh. Maddy can always find a way to make me laugh.
"What did she give you?"
"Our schedule."

I walk over to Maddy and we go over the piece of paper.
"We have tonight to ourselves. Tomorow we have to do the "Chariot Parade" and after that we'll have traning, traning, and more traning. Then we all have to do an interview, and finally, the Games."

"Wow."
That's all I can think of saying.
Tomorow we'll ride the Chariots with the other tributes, and then we'll learn how to fight for the first time in our lives, we also have to keep an eye out for possible allies.

As of reading my thoughts Maddy says, "While we're training we need to spread out and talk with the other Tributes. Try to see which ones would make the best allies."

"All of them?"
I ask.
"Yeah, I know what I said on the train but I was just thinking out loud. You do whatever you feel like."

Maddy then walks over to the small kitchen area and begins looking around for food.
I walk over to one of the windows that offers a view of the Capitol.

Were these going to be our last days? Prisoners in this place?
There can only be one winner in the Hunger Games.

It probably won't be me, or even Maddy. But maybe... Just maybe we might have a chance.

Anything could happen between now and the Games.

/-/-/

Today was the "Chariot Parade" as Maddy called it.
This would be the first time we saw the other Tributes.

Our future enemies, or our future allies.
They were all mostly sticking to their own chariots.
Talking with whoever came with them.

That's when I realized that Maddy wasn't with me.
Where'd she go?
I try to spot her in all the craziness but I have no luck.

I decide to wait for her.
She'll have to come back when it's time to ride out.
Our chariot is pretty plain.
It's pulled by two grey horses and is grey itself.

I was put into a grey long-sleeved dress, my hair had been fixed up and I had been given just a little bit of make up.

I didn't really mind it, but I prefered my old clothes.
I notice one of the other Tributes, Legolas, standing by his chariot.

The elf who came with him, Tauriel stands a few feet away from him, talking to someone.
But I can't see who because one of the horses is blocking whoever it is.

Without meaning to I accidently make eye contact with Legolas.
I quickly look away as my face turns red.

"Nervous?"
Maddy walks up to me. She looks so differant with her hair fixed and in a dress. Not to mention the fact that she doesn't have her glasses and was given blue contacts to wear.

She is clearly uncomfortable and can't stand any of it.
"Why's your face red?"
She asks.
"No reason."
I answer quickly.

She looks at me skeptically and then glances over in Legolas' direction.
"Don't tell me you fell for old blondie over there."
"What? Of course not!"
I exclaim in shock.

"Oh really? Cause I remember a certain someone making goo-goo eyes at him when she saw him on the train."

"I was not making goo-goo eyes!"
Maddy laughs and pets one of the horses.
"I'm just teasing ya Kari. Although I'll have you know I was chatting a bit with the other Tributes."

That catches my attention.
"Really?"
Maddy nods.
"Turns out they're all mad. None of them are pleased that Snow decided to bring them all back into the Hunger Games."

"What does that mean for us?"
"Well, there's a good chance that something big might happen this year."

Someone comes over and tells everyone to get in there chariots.
I stand inside one next to Maddy. She looks at me and smiles.

"Don't worry Kari. Everything will be fine."
I look straight ahead and sigh.
I hope so...