Chapter one

Paige
This is how my normal life became chaos. Me and my 4 friends( Jessica,chloe, Clarissa and Anna)  won 10 days trip to Africa, which is SO lucky for me. Little did I know my whole life was about to change.

Let me introduce my self. I am 28 years old and my name is Paige. I love reading romance novels and if they are fiction even better.  I work in shop and it's really boring job. Since I need money to live and until I find something better to do with my life I am stuck with it. I love cooking, specially baking and feeding people. My real passion is to open up my own bakery, where I can sell baked goods.  I am saving up all the money so one day I would be able to open it. Now let's get back to my upside down life.

Going to South Africa from UK was fairly normal, it's after we got there that it became crazy. We got  to South Africa at 7am and our tour was to start at 8am, so we didn't have much time to rest.  Everyone had bit of jet leg but no one complained. I wanted to rest, but no rest for the wicked.  First agenda on our list was to go to safari, which include doing some foraging in jungle. Again it was hot and we were going into a jungle where scary animals lives (anyone think it's stupid idea? ME). We were to have a buddy system. All of my friends were really exited, and were behaving like kids.   My friends paired up between them and I ended up with one of our guide. We weren't the only group there. There were about 3 more groups of 4.

"Hurry up Paige "  shouted  Jessica. "we are going to be late, if you don't come soon".

"Coming , coming " I said

We all got there just before 10am and it was getting more and more hotter by the second. Our guide gave us some useful information on what to do when we are in jungle. Since I was to have a guide as my buddy I didn't pay much attention to what was being said. Just after arriving we were given our own gear which thankfully included cold water, couple of cereal bar, a small package that looked like LUNCHBOX!!!!! and weird looking green colour tube. I had no idea what's in it. 

"Hey Jess, what is this"? I asked showing her tube.

"You dosed off, didn't you, Paige what am I going to with you?" She accused me

"What? when?" I sputtered

"This green stuff is to apply to your skin, so the wild animal thinks you are one of the praditor , and won't try to eat you. And Paige stay with your guide".  I looked at her innocently, saying I don't know what are you talking about. Just as we were finishing our little discussion, our guide announced that everyone needs to be here by 4.45pm sharp as we will be leaving @ 5pm no mater what,  for the resort. 

We were following our guide and he gave us a book containing  pictures of some plants and asked us to find one specific plan. He said it's called BUCHU short name for Betulina Barosma. My friends went one way and I follow my guide. We were going further and further in to the jungle, so I decided to stick close to my guide. I constantly felt like I was being watched, I looked around but saw no one.  I found a plant that looked similar to the one we were looking for, so I asked my guide to have a look. He looked bit agitated, more like on guard.  I didn't think anything of it, as he should be on guard, because he brought us into the JUNGLE. We silently eat our lunch , which was delicious by the way and started looking for the plant again.  I was starting to think how I have wasted 1 day of my trip to sweat in this jungle, but rather than complaining I decided to make most of it. I decided to sit and watch beautiful animals,  going about their day to day life and keep an eye on my guide. He was still searching for the plant.   I must have dosed off or something because ,One minute my guide was there looking at the plant and next minutes he wasn't there. I shouted and shouted for him, but he was nowhere to be found. I was getting scared and felling of being watch just came back 10 times worse and made me scared more. Rather than panicking I decided to make my way back to the camp. It was 4pm, so I had plenty of time to get back to our camp.   It only took us 20 minutes to get here so I should get there in plenty of time.