12

I write with a poison pen

Ashtons pov:

I knew something was wrong... I should've tried to stop it...

I thought to myself as the principle made us bow our head in complete silence. The news spread around quickly like a wild fire, the blonde hung herself. Luke looked over at me after the principle had gone off the speaker.

"Wasn't that the chick you fucked in the closet?" he asked me as I nodded slowly. His eyes widened momentarily.

"She was just a part of our game" I said swiftly. "its her problem if she ki-" I was cut off by the teacher

"Ashton Irwin to the guidance councilor immediately" I groaned and stood up before Luke could say anything more, the whole class seemed to stare at me, even Green eye girl. They seemed to wanna blame me...

that's because it is your fault.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts as I walked down the hallway. Each door I passed by seemed to have a million different stares, each one tearing away at me piece by piece. Each one blaming me as if I had something to do with her death. I picked up the pace until I rounded the corner and finally made my way into Ms. Gardners office. I looked at her, taking in her features: dark circles under her eyes, gray hair showed through her box colored black hair, her eyes were red and puffy.

"wha-"

"Sit down Mr. Irwin" I stared at her for a moment and bit my tongue at her tone but I sat down anyways.

"So whats up? I was actually having a great day" I said looking at her, something was eerily familiar. She let out a harsh laugh as she reached down under desk. I raised an eyebrow as she pulled out a folder. Angelica Gardener  was written on the front in sharpie.

"You know, as your counselor I'm required to talk to you since you were the last person to talk to her. But as a person, as a mother, I hate you Mr. Irwin" I stared at her until I suddenly realized why those grey eyes were recognizable.

"She was my only child... and now she's gone. Can you imagine that Mr. Irwin? To have to watch your daughter slowly revert inside..." she said as she closed her eyes, similarly to how Angelica closed hers less then 24 hours ago.

"Um.. ma'am I realize this must be a very hard time for you but this is not my fault." I said carefully but I flinched after her eyes hardened and focused on me.

"Oh but this is Mr. Irwin... You hurt her. You Played her. You made her a part of your stupid game!" she eclaimed as she flipped through the folder and handed me an envelope with Ashton sprawled along it in a way that would show it was written with a shaking hand. I eyed her for a moment

You don't understand.. she was a willing participate in this game...

I opened it slowly, for some reason I was nearly scared to open it. I'm afraid that it is my fault... but that's stupid.

She was just weak... Right?