Chapter 39: Why Lavi Why?

My first coherent thought this morning at eleven:

My butt hurts! Dang you, Kanda, I will get revenge!

My second coherent thought this morning at eleven:

Wait a second. I think this every time after we have sex. When is this going to happen again?

My third coherent thought this morning at eleven:

Oh gosh, I'm Kanda's pet, and I can't do anything about it!

Is it necessary to say that I have stopped thinking in the mornings now? Anyway, as was earlier clarified three times, it's about eleven and somehow, Kanda is still asleep. And by asleep, I don't mean he's dozing and if I moved, he would immediately wake up. Oh no, he was practically a human rock, and that's a lot to say considering I'm the near definition of the term when I haven't slept in more than eighteen hours.

This was the most peaceful moment of the day, and it all went downhill from there.

"WE'RE HERE!" an annoyingly familiar voice booms as the door bursts open, revealing the rabbit and his girlfriend. The smarter one of the duo, you know, the one not trying to get skewered by a certain samurai's katana, sees the scene and flees while pinching her nose for obvious reasons. As we have established, the very clearly suicidal red-head was standing in the doorway waggling his eyebrows at the now fully awake bluenette beside me, "Looks like Lenalee and I know what was going on here last night."

"Prepare to die, and it will not be painless nor quick." After that, a very angry―and very naked―Yu Kanda leaps from the bed and has Lavi in a headlock in less than two seconds. Closing my eyes, I wait for the struggled breathing to stop, followed by panting and the door slamming. Amusedly, I ask, "Is it safe?"

"Che," he grumbles and I feel clothes against my face, obviously jeans from the hard button that hit my nose, and two more soft thuds sound before a quiet zip.

After my eyes open, Kanda is in a pair of dark jeans and an open, white button-up, and black boxers, a white turtleneck, and skinny jeans were on my lap over the blankets covering my nether regions. Walking into the bathroom, my boyfriend grabs his brush off the vanity and says, "Baka Usagi's lucky I didn't impale him with Mugen."

"But then it wouldn't be as fun!" I protest, getting up and quickly slipping on the clothing. Kanda looked at me like I was nuts, "You have a corrupt version of fun in your mind."

Smiling, I finish with my clothes and sit on the bed, "That I do, but you love me for it, don't you?"

Growling slightly, he nods and pulls his hair into its high ponytail. Now that we weren't naked, I lead the way out into the living room, finding Lenalee trying to operate the stereo system with little luck. Looking at it, I notice she stuck her iPod jack into it, and I offer, "Let me try."

Pouting a bit, she stepped away from it and I started poking buttons until the music came on, though I don't think she meant it to be playing "Something in Your Mouth" by Nickelback. The pigtailed girl squealed in embarrassment, "Change it!"

Soon, the stereo was playing "Royals" by Lorde, which I believe she was very happy about, and I heard Lavi laughing his head off from behind me. Of course, there he was rolling around on the couch, hooting at the top of his lungs. Well, that is until he got a boot to the gut.

"Shut up! You're the one who wanted to play that while..." the blushing girl trailed off as Kanda smirked, "Huh, at least I didn't have to convince mine to play dirty music."

Blood rushes to my face, "Hey! I'm not yours!"

The look he gives me practically dares me to repeat the words and I immediately shut up, knowing that he had some serious evidence that I belonged to him and he was by no means hesitant to voice it. Quickly, I say, "So how was your all's trip?"