Chapter 2

Emma awoke to the sounds of heavy footsteps coming toward him.

"Get up peasant!" Hook almost yelled. He didn't know she was a princess since they met at a tavern.

"What's going on?"

"You're getting an actual room" he stated. "Turners idea" he continued before she could say anything.

"Isn't it bright outside?" She asked standing up.

"Aye, what's the problem with that?" He asked.

"Um, n-no reason at all. Can, um, Turner escort me there?"

"Sure" he responded confused and called for Turner. When he came down Hook said, "take her to her room"

"But the sun's out"

"What's with you two? Just take her!" Hook shouted and walked back to the deck.

"Well, now you'll see what it's line when I burn" she said. She had on leather pants, long sleeve white shirt, and boots on but her face and hands were showing.

"You only have to be in the sun for 15 seconds. And yes, I actually counted for you. I promise you could hit me when it's over. I'll help you cool off and I'll find a way to stop the burning forever. I promise"

"Thank you. Let's just get this over with" her shirt wasn't that thick. There's a good chance her whole upper body would hurt like hell once this was over.

"Are you sure?" He asked with his hand on the doorknob. She nodded and he opened it the light flooding in. She was standing in the shadows at the moment. Turner stretched out his hand. "Just squeeze my hand"

"It might burn too"

"It's okay. Take it" he smiled.

She took a deep breath, took his hand, and, after counting to 3, ran to her room. Once they got there, Turner shut the door as, a still bright red, Emma laid on her cold bed. Turner was already next to her with cold wet washcloths. "Did I.." the washcloth went against her face as she took a small sigh of relief of the coldness. "Did I burn you too?" She asked concerned.

"No, but you have a very strong grip" he chuckled and kept applying the freezing cold washcloth to different places she burned. "If you don't mind, can you tell me the story of all this?"

She nodded. "When I was a baby Rumplestilitskin gave me this curse. My parents disk know about it until about a week later. I was always kept in my room. When I was a kid I never understood why I couldn't play outside with all the other kids. I just remember hurting when I tried to. As I started to understand my condition I stayed in but hated the fact that I couldn't play with others. The maids would play with me but it wasn't the same. As I got older I was allowed out more, nighttime obviously. But most of my time was weapon practicing. My parents and I tried everything we could possibly think of to get rid of this curse but nothing. I know about true loves kiss but I don't have one"

"You never know" Turner said.

"True but...I've never very interested in that whole thing. Thank you"

"For what?" He asked smiling.

"Caring, being nice, giving me a room without windows, helping me, trying to understand my condition. Everything. You're a good man William Turner" she smiled back.

"You're a good lady Emma Swan" he mocked laughing a little. "But thank you"

"Of course." As the day went on they kept talking and telling stories. Turner did most of the talking since Emma didn't have many. There was also the fact that she was very interested in his adventures and childhood. She really liked him. Was she falling for him?