Call me again: Phone Guy X Reader

Author's note: The author stared at the title... "What have I just created?" Then, she proceed to write a 568 word fanfiction to fit its title. Then, she cried for an hour. 

Night after night... Time after time... You have escaped death thanks to his advice and wasted your precious power calling him. You had only seen him a few times, in the morning when he showed up early. Then you would talk and have coffee. It wasn't much, but it meant a lot to you. Those mornings had become routine for you. You would wait for him; just to see his face, even if it was a large red telephone. You may have been escaping one form of insanity, but you found that you were already ensnared in another form and it had your heart captured. Over time, you found that you had developed some affliction towards this peculiar, talkative telephone. Tonight... You were going to tell him. You had to. Keeping these feeling to yourself was killing you, driving you mad, even though you didn't know quite what to call these emotions. But, you wanted to tell him after you had found a name for these emotions.

"Uh, Hello, hello? Hi, it's me again! Wow, you're still here? I honestly expected you to quit by now. I would have. Aren't those animatronics scary?" I wanted to laugh, but he sounded so tired. "Not really. Vincent giving you any trouble?" By the way he sighed, I assumed the answer was yes. "Hey, well, I'm going to go now, ok? Is that alright, (Y/N)?" He said, uncertainly. You desperately wanted to tell him, but wanted to tell him only after you knew what these feelings were. "W-wait! Can we just talk for a bit?" You waited for a response. "Uh... Ok. Well, what do you want to talk about?" You smiled. "Anything." Anything... This may sound desperate, but just please don't hang up... I need to talk to you... It helps me feel sane... So please don't hand up! Wow, how corny can I sound?

For hours, we talked, pausing for me to close a door or check a light. I never realized that I could have so much fun talking to someone. As we talked, I felt my exhaustion melt away over the hours. It was enjoyable talking to him like this. These phone calls and the coffee in the morning, they made this job worth it. "Hey, (Y/N), did you hear? Someone named Michael Elizabeth Schmidt will be the night guard as of next Monday! That means you can work with me on the day shift. Boss will probably have Vincent moved back to the night shift to teach the new guy." I scoffed. "Poor new guy." 

"You're being a bit too harsh, don't you think?  Vincent may be bad, but he's not THAT bad..." You smirked, sensing your victory. "Still, won't it be cool to have a shift together?" I nodded, then realized that he couldn't see me, and said yes. "Oh, shit! Sorry! I have to get some sleep. It's 5 AM. Hey, I'll call tomorrow night, ok? And maybe I'll do a shift with you the day after that. I'll talk to Boss." 

"Ok, bye! I'll talk to you tomorrow! I'd really like that!" Please, call me again. This time, I've realized what these feelings are. I finally understand these emotions. Love... I love you ..