9. You Can Learn A Lot In A Game Of Twenty Questions

***Dedicated to Viju_xx...just because she's awesome.  :) ***

Chapter 9

You Can Learn A Lot In A Game Of Twenty Questions

“You put everything back in your suitcase?”

“Yes.”

“You sure?”

“Uh-huh.”

“And you’ve got your cell phone.  Don’t be thinking that just because you have Stella for a little girl talk when you need it doesn’t mean that I don’t want to hear from you at least every few days.”

“Totally.  You know I love getting your opinions on stupid boy problems, too…”

A muffled yell from the back of the car.  “Heard that!”

“And you have the passports and papers?  Remember, like before, you’re not Emmy Alexander on this trip.”

“Got all…”  A quick count.  “Eight of them.  Wait…eight?  Seriously?”

“Yes, eight.  Are you sure you’ve got everything?  I feel like you’re forgetting something…”

“Yes, Mom, I have everything you packed.”

Elena sighed, shaking her head.  “Emmy, seriously.”

“I know.  Oh, and by the way, kind of gross that you made John my brother for one set city.”

John, who had be putting both of our suitcases in the back of the car, walked around the side to wrap an arm around my waist, kissing the side of my neck.  “Who said I was your brother?  Just because we have the same last name for one of them doesn’t mean that I have to be your brother.  I say I’m your devastatingly handsome husband who adores loving on his gorgeous wife.”

Elena rolled her eyes, though I could see a flicker of a smile on her lips.  “Don’t get me wrong, I’d love if that actually happened.  But yeah, you’ve got the same last name for the one going to D.C.  There’s a reason for that, Em, which you’ll find out about later,” she said.  “But seriously, call me if you need me, don’t get into too much trouble while you’re gone, and then when you get back we’ll have a wedding.”

“I told you not to say anything!  You know it was supposed to be a surprise wedding or else she probably won’t say yes,” John whispered loudly to her. 

This time, I was the one to roll my eyes, smacking his stomach with the back of my hand.  “Good God, man, you’re getting annoying.  Go do something useful.”

He placed another kiss to my neck, but this time he trailed up to my ear so he could whisper in it.  “Well, I know something useful we can do.  You know, we could go back up to my room and finish what we started earlier…”

Elena’s small smile turned blinding when she saw the blush blossom across my cheeks, even though she didn’t hear what he’d said.  I swallowed hard, trying to rid my mind of all of the scenes that started playing in my head, and promptly smacked the back of his head.

“Don’t talk like that with your sister right in front of us!” I hissed, though my eyes involuntarily dropped to those smirking lips of his and I automatically leaned forward a bit. 

“Let’s call Em my gorgeous wife…with abusive tendencies,” he grinned at Elena, rubbing the back of his head.  “I swear, you’re getting stronger.  That one actually kind of hurt.”