Chapter 34

"Oh hey Jess, long time no see!" Niall yelled as I walked through the door of Louis' place. He was standing in the kitchen leaning against the counter. I watched him as he bit in to an apple, taking a huge chunk out of it.

"Yes Niall, 2 hours is just such a long time," I went along.

"Hey are you ok?" he asked. All the other boys, who were doing various things, stopped and looked at me also. Five sets of eyes all on me.

"Um why?" I asked unsure of what he was talking about.

"Today...on the phone. You sounded upset. I just want to make sure you are ok," he said concerned. How sweet was he? I just met him yesterday and he wanted to know if I was alright.

"Yes, thank you Niall," I said flashing him a grin. He winked and continued eating his apple.

"You're back so soon?" Harry said as I walked into the living area, sitting down on the couch in my usual spot. Louis went off to do something in the kitchen.

"Ya mom problems," I huffed. I looked down at my feet, examining my toes. God my feet were dirty. What did I do last night?

"I'm sorry to hear that." He leaned over in his chair, his hand reaching out to pat my knee. "Oh ya by the way, I think I have your hand print engraved in my back now," he laughed.

"Oh my gosh I totally forgot about that! I'm so sorry, I thought you were Louis!" I totally forgot about that this morning. I was in just such a rush to get out the door that I forgot that I might have injured one of Louis' band mates.

"No that's ok don't worry about it. But if I was you I'd take it a little bit easier on Louis if that's how hard you hit." I giggled at his statement.

"Wow you didn't even flinch though!" He leaned back in his chair, crossing his legs, his hands resting loosely on his crossed leg.

"I did. I was just so tired and hung over I didn't care."

"Well I apologize and next time I'll remember to hit Louis not as hard," I joked.

"Good plan. Poor guy must be taking a beating," he replied.

"Ok guys I have to go to the store and get some things because Niall consumed everything I own," Louis said shooting a glare at Niall. Niall gave him a defensive look. He walked to the door pulling his shoes on. "Please do not do anything stupid while I'm gone." I'm not sure if that was directed at me or the boys but he was looking at me when he said it. Everybody said ok, allowing Louis to leave. As soon as the door slam shut, Niall was sitting on the arm rest beside me.

"So...on a scale of one to ten how much do you....like Louis?" he asked. I was surrounded by the rest of the boys now all eyes on me.

"Um 10," I replied. More like 100. They all smiled in unison.

"If you could change one thing about him what would it be?" asked Zayn. What the hell was this, an interrogation? But then I realized, it was.

"Nothing," I answered. And I meant it. If I was to change Louis in any way then he wouldn't be Louis anymore.

"Interesting. Nothing, nothing at all? Not even the way he walks or talks or how he's a little bit over protective?" asked Harry.

"Nope." I liked how he was over protective, I needed to be over protected.

"Have you ever been to jail?" questioned Liam.

"Yes for murdering men who asked to many questions," I answered, straight faced and as serious as possible. They laughed at my joke.

"You're funny, I like you," said Niall.

"That's what the last one said before he mysteriously disappeared," I joked, but still kept my straight face. I couldn't help but join in on their laughter.