Chapter 3

CHAPTER THREE: IRIS

Last night turned out to be an important night for me. After Sebastian calmed my fears of abandonment, I was finally able to tell both brothers what was in my heart. I think I've made some progress...

I woke up this morning, tucked into my warm and comfortable bed, to the sounds and smells of food cooking. I was cuddling with my tiger (who I have taken to calling Kisa, for no apparent reason), and I was so comfortable that I didn't want to move. I was close to falling back to sleep when I thought about Sebastian and Alexander waiting for me downstairs. I got up, stretched, and hopped into the bathroom to take a quick shower.

I came downstairs, dressed, my hair damp, and was about to walk into the kitchen when I was tackled to the floor by Alexander.

"Well, this looks familiar."

I squirmed under his weight. His body was so much bigger than mine that the impact caused all the air to leave my lungs, and I was left gasping. Alexander shifted his weight slightly so that I could move enough to start breathing normally again, but he didn't get off of me. I wiggled myself around underneath him so that I could look at him. He had his Cheshire cat grin on his face that told me he was up to no good.

"Isn't it a little early in the morning for you to be attacking me?"

"It isn't 'attacking' when it's with the one you love. Then it's called 'entrapment.'"

I blush, noticing how our situation looks like with him pinning me to the floor like this. His face is hovering just inches away from mine, close enough that if I were to try and sit up, I could kiss him. Then I blush harder remembering that we're in the middle of the hallway right next to the kitchen! I squirm, trying to get out from under Alexander before Sebastian walks in on us and takes our, um, predicament the wrong way, but Alexander just pushes me farther into the carpets, not letting me up.

"A-Alex?"

"Yes, baby?"

"C-Could you p-please get off of me?"

His eyes light up mischievously, and my heart skips anxiously.

"Of course I can. You just have to do something for me first."

I gulp. The way his voice deepened when he said that has my body reacting in ways I really wish it wouldn't -- not here anyway. All I knew was that if he didn't let me go, I was afraid that my body would give in to anything he suggested we do together. And with Alex, that was REALLY dangerous. When my voice comes out, it's a tiny squeak.

"W-What is that?"

"Say what you said to me last night again."

"Huh?"

"You confessed something really personal to us last night. I want to hear you say it again."

Oh!

I'm so relieved, and a little disappointed, to hear that that was all he wanted. But still... This is really awkward! Having him on top of me like this... I can't believe he's forcing me into this situation, and I'm even more annoyed with myself for enjoying it so much! I don't want to let him think that I'll cave in to him so easily. It was really hard for me to say those things last night, after all!

"I am not saying it. Get off of me, you psycho!"

Okay, looking back now, I can see that that was a bad idea. Alexander is the kind of person who likes to hold a lot of authority, so having me say 'no' like that, was like sparking a match in front of a bottle of gasoline. He has a hundred and one ways of getting a person to comply with him. But at the time, I figured, 'hey he already has me pinned, what more can he do, right?'