Hiding

By the time Ezra and Ahsoka had caught up with the over enthusiastic Manderlorian, the Stormtroopers had been completely disposed of. Half a dozen armoured bodies were scattered within a few metres of each other, wisps of smoke curling gently from their wounds and blasters; Ahsoka appeared to be outraged. Ezra could tell by the way her blue eyes had darkened significantly and the way her fists clenched ever so slightly as she took in the scene. He stepped away as she bit her lip in apparent frustration.

Meanwhile, Sabine appeared to be fairly oblivious to how Ahsoka felt about her actions. She slipped her weapons away and gestured to the younger pair to follow her in a way that made Ezra know she was grinning. He sighed, hurrying after her as Ahsoka trailed behind, a little more reluctant than before.

For several minutes they scurried down empty side streets, diving behind what they could every time they heard something, which was often. However, the first time this had happened, Ahsoka hadn't caught on, leaving her standing in the middle of an alley way alone while Sabine and Ezra lay hidden behind a stack of rotting crates. But after that she quickly caught on, sliding out of sight as quickly as the other two. And somehow, they stayed unseen.

Eventually the trio reached the centre of the city, finally able to leave the shadows of the side streets. But Ezra couldn't keep his gaze away from Ahsoka. The way she stared around her surroundings was unnerving. Her eyes scanned every detail of the streets, examining even the simplest of things in intense detail. But then, he probably would have done too, if he'd been frozen that long in carbonate.

"Hey Ezra," Sabine's voice forced him to tear his gaze away from Ahsoka, instead settling it upon Sabine. She motioned her head towards several Stormtroopers the other side of the street, "Think they might have something in their ship?"

He glanced over at the small squad of six heading in the opposite direction. There was a fifty-fifty chance that they were heading back, but it was the usual risk they had to take. If they were heading back to their own ship, it was unlikely it wouldn't contain something useful. They generally did, after closing down various business's each day. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Why not?"

He could tell she was grinning by the way she tilted her head.

A/N:

I know it's short but I have decided to split it into two chapters instead of one. IDK why.