A Friend's Discussion

"You what?!"

     Shaylee started freaking out at the fact that I had talked to Jungkook. I had to be home in a couple of hours to get ready for it and I was explaining how yesterday went.

     "Shay I've said it at least twenty times. I'm going on a date with Jungkook."

     "But it can't be the real Jeon Jungkook? How did you bump into the famous Jeon Jungkook?!"

     "I don't know? He was just walking. He put his mask down as he started talking to me and he looked really familiar. After studying him, I think he is the real him, there can't be another Jeon Jungkook."

     "I know, but Amber he is a celebrity, and you know not to mess with celebrities."

     "He seems so sweet though. You know the BTS members are sweet. You like Rap Monster."

     "Yeah, but I don't know about dating him......."

     She sighed and looked into my eyes. I knew she was getting serious.

     "I'm happy for you. This is the first date for you in awhile. I want you to have a good time. Just don't do anything you will regret and remember to not keep your hopes up for him. He is a celebrity. A lot of things can happen."

     "I know Shay."

     "Good. So what are you planning on wearing."

     "Not a dress."

     She rolled her eyes and ran into her room. For the next hour she brought out dresses, shirts, cute pants, I just didn't want any of it. She knew I wasn't a fancy girl and I didn't want to be. This wasn't really a special occasion so I didn't really care and it was just a date. If he didn't like what I was wearing, well tough luck, because I wasn't being fancy.

     "Amber come on pick something!"

     Shaylee was getting tired of going back forth, but it was really funny, and I was getting amused by it. She knew I wasn't going to try anything fancy and I was just going to keep saying no. This was not the first time with her trying to do this so she was just doing this to get me angry.

     "Fine go home and put something ugly on."

     "Sure Shaylee what I have is ugly."

     I rolled my eyes at her and she sighed.

     "Ok fine. Wear a nice shirt though."

     "Of course."

     "Good. So how much time do you have to be here?"

     "About a half an hour. Then I should go."

     "Alright let's make the most of it then."

     We had fun hanging out for the rest of the time we were there. Then I headed back and started to get dressed. I was a little worried on what to wear. I usually don't put makeup on, I don't like wearing anything short or dresses, I hated skirts, and I just wasn't girly. As like what I was saying about Shaylee trying to get me to dress up. Still, I did have a couple dresses for a special occasion, but this wasn't that special. It was simple, just a sorry date, and I didn't really know.

     It was still a little chilly, so I decided on no dress, and I wore black jeans. Then I wore a cute black and white zebra striped shirt that I had. Definitely no heels so I slipped on my black glittery flats that I had and fixed up my hair. I didn't do much else and I slipped phone into my jean pocket and my wallet into my other jean pocket. Then I was off as I looked back at the text where he told me to meet him.

     "There is a little restaurant by BigHit Entertainment. I know you know where that is since it is pretty close. I'll be standing outside waiting for you so you can't miss it."

     Then all of a sudden, there was a text from Shaylee, and I walked while texting. Still, I did have my eyes on the ground, and I was paying attention to my surroundings.

     "Hey are you on the date yet? Don't ignore me."

     "No I am on my way."

     "Well have fun. Also don't get all worried."

     "Yeah I know."

     "Lucky girl. A celebrity."

     "I thought you said you wanted to avoid them."

     "Well now that you are stuck with one, I am impressed, and very happy."

     "Like you said before."

     "Well I am! Don't start with me."

     "Well I should go because I am getting close."

     "Alright have a good time. You have to tell me all about it afterwards ok?"

     "Yeah of course."

     "Ok then. Bye Amber!"

     "Bye Shay."

     I was actually getting a little antsy. As I was walking, the closer I got, the more worried I got. How would he think about what I was wearing? Did he care? Did I really need makeup? Ugh why was this so hard for me? Ok Amber just calm down and act normal. I just really didn't want to screw this up. Also now Shaylee's words made me feel worse.

     After I put the phone away. I realized I was actually a lot closer than I thought. I took some deep breaths and calmed myself down quickly. It was going to be alright. What was so bad about this? Was it the fact that he is a celebrity? I don't even know. I know I just have to get through this without freaking out and having a nice smile on my face.