Chapter III

The Entire Family now sat about the table, chatting to each other about their day, and what entailed within. Undyne and Papyrus soot in the corner doing their "intense Training"  and what not, whilst Sans, Alphys, and Toriel sat about and chatted. Asgore, however, stood beside the windowsill, and looked onto the oncoming sunset. 

Frisk approached and tugged on the sleeve of his coat. Asgore looked down to frisk, and smiled. 

      "Well hello. Glad to see you here." he looked on to the sunset once more, and placed his hand on her back. 

      "You know... ever since i saw the first sunset, when we first arrived on the outside world, i had never seen anything so Beautiful." he continued. "its warmth was unparalleled, and its hope shined with vast greatness..." he stopped, then continued."however, when i say that we don't belong here, i talk through a human perspective; yet when the night came, i felt as it was our time only. We were not allowed to share the vast greatness with the humans. they wanted us to leave so badly, and force us down the hole we just so happened to escape from." it appeared as if Asgore wanted to cry a little. his eyes seemingly filled with tiny amounts of water. 

"Human... Is it true..? Is it true that your kind despised us?" 

Frisk looked to Asgore with confused eyes. 

      "You're right. You wouldn't know of their hatred. for all i know, you grew to love us as a family, and i admire you for that. Ever human besides-" Asgore choked up a bit. "Chara..." 

      Asgore begun to start in a fit of crying. Undyne and Papyrus stopped their raining, Sans, Toriel, and Alphys all turned to see Asgore. his slouched posture gave an eerie feeling, and begun to fill the room with sadness. 

      "hey..." Sans now stood upright from his sitting posture, and walked to Asgore, who was now bawling. 

      "you cant let these things get to you Asgore. we all know how much he meant to you... we all remember him... he was the light of your life.... but seeing you now... it looks as if that light's been extinguished," 

Sans now looked into his face, and placed his hand on his shoulder.

      "you need to embrace a new light Asgore. and that light just so happens to be standing in front of you."  

      Asgore's tears were vanishing now. he was coming to realize the importance of  her in more ways than he had before. he was seeing things differently now after Sans cleared his mind from the depressing thoughts of Chara and his lost memories of a perfect past.

      in a sudden rush  of happiness and glee, Asgore wrapped his arms around Frisk and pressed all his weight into her, resulting in her face to become a little flustered. 

"hey , hey now. i said love her, not kill her." Sans said jokingly. 

Asgore released her from his gargantuan hug, and pecked her on the cheek. 

      "we're a family now Frisk. we all stick together, and live our lives in comfort, knowing we have each other to rely on. especially you Char- I mean Frisk." his memories of chara had not faded away yet. but rather, seemingly tried to replace the new incoming memories of Frisk, as if they were resisting  to leave.

      "Come frisk,let us watch over this new land. ad let us meet with the humans, so that we may greet them."

      Asgore placed his hand on her head, and watched over the sun that laid in the midst of day. he breathed a heavy sigh, and looked onto the family. they each stood smiling at Asgore, holding a face of glee and happiness knowing that the family was coming together.