Aomine Daiki | Repeat

"Who are you?"

Those 3 words kept ringing inside Aomine's mind as he buries his head to his knees, slumping down to the ground.

"It's my fault." He whimpered in tears.

Momoi who was watching her bestfriend breaking down, felt tears running down her cheeks as well.

"It's not your fault, Daiki." She tried to cheer him up, her voice cracking at the end. "It can't be helped."

"I should've been there." Aomine continued, not hearing the pink-haired girl at all. He was in his own world of despair. "But no, I was out messing around."

Suddenly, a shadow appeared.

"Yes, you were out and about messing around." Imayoshi Shõichi, your brother, agreed with Aomine.

This time, Aomine heard the voice and he looked up, almost begging as he seemed to know what was coming next. Fear consumed him in a way he can no longer talk.

"That's why..." The captain carried on. "...I'm asking you to please stay away from my sister from now onwards."

"Se-Senpai..." Momoi murmured as she disagreed to that. She knew Aomine realized his mistakes and she didn't want him to be drawn away from you much more than the car accident had caused.

"I'll allow you to interact with her but only as her brother's kouhai, a classmate. Nothing more."

Slowly, Aomine shook his head until he finally found his voice. "No..."

"No? Fine." The raven-haired 3rd year tilted his head to the side. "(Y/n)-chan can no longer remember you Aomine-kun. It wasn't exactly your fault she lost her recent memory of high school, but you played a part to it. We all did. So from now on, we all have to earn everything that was lost. Shall I expect you to tore it all up again when she will, if miracle can happen, remember everything including your unfaithfulness to the relationship you both had?"

He had a point. Aomine couldn't help but clench his fists as he look away in shame.

"I'm saving both you and my sister from experiencing the same hurt. I know deep down you cared about her, but I wish it to end now. Will you comply to my request?"

Aomine just stood up quietly and walked away.

~few months later~

Shõichi looked at the couple, happily playing basketball together. The girl was dribbling, playing offense, while the boy guarded, preventing her from shooting.

"I wasn't able to stop (Y/n) and Aomine-kun." The megane ex-captain said.

"You wouldn't be able to, Senpai. Even if you try harder." Momoi said, watching the same scene.

The girl was laughing by now as her boyfriend gave up on guarding and just carried her by the waist and twirling her around. The ball bounced then rolled off to the side until it stopped by Shõichi's feet.

"They looked like a mentally retarded couple." Wakamatsu commented, picking up the ball.

Your brother smiled, remembering how Aomine retraced your memory from scratch, how he replayed everything - from being asshole to you until showing his true emotions. It wasn't easy, the megane knew, but Tõõ's ace pulled through. Of course your memories weren't retrieved but as everyone watches how things unfold before you, it was like watching a replay of how you started out with Aomine - from enemies to lovers.

"(Y/n)," Aomine called out. "I'm hungry. Let's go to the rooftop and eat there."

"Sure." You nodded, picking up your bag filled with bento and other food.

The rest of the team watched as you both exited the gym.

Sakurai smiled at Momoi. "I can feel goosebumps on my skin. It's like deja vu."

"Well..." Shõichi shrugged. "I hope Aomine won't mess up with the given 2nd chance."

'There's no way I'll mess up.' Aomine thought as he ran up the school building, holding your hand in his.