Stonecold

Stone cold, stone cold, you see me standing but I'm dying on the floor.
Stone cold, stone cold, maybe if I don't cry I won't feel anything.
Stone cold, baby. God knows I try to feel happy for you.
Know that I am, even if I can't understand.
I'll take the pain, give me the truth
Me and my heart will make it through.
Even if happy is him, I'm happy for you.

A young looking Chinese man is at a dance, an international peace treaty ball where representatives from certain, most, countries get together and make treaties, and talk and dance. He watches as a tall Russian talks with a smaller American. He knows that the American's name is Alfred. He knows that Alfred is hyper and excitable, and loves hamburgers. He knows that the Russian's name is Ivan. He used to date the Russian. They were together for five years before they starting fighting, and then Ivan left. A year later and he was with Alfred. They were happy. Ivan looks over at the Chinese man, with only a hint of recognition in his eyes. Slowly Ivan makes his way over, leaving his American lover waiting on him.
"Yao-yao. What are you doing here?" Ivan asks.
The Chinese man, Yao, flinches at the old affectionate nickname, but hides it, saying, "I'm the Chinese representative. They thought I would be good for the job."
"Oh...."
"Ivan, can you tell me something?"
"What is it, Yao?"
"Do you miss me? Are you happy with him?"
Ivan smiles lightly,a far off look coming to his eyes. "I love my Alfie. He's absolutely perfect."
Yao notices he doesn't answer the first question, but doesn't press the matter. He just nods, and walks away, going to talk to his adopted Japanese little brother. Out of the corner of his eye he watches as Ivan rejoins the American, who smiles animatedly, and begins to chatter again.

Stone cold, stone cold. You're dancing with him while I'm staring at my phone.
Stone cold, stone cold. I was your amber but now she is your shade of gold.
Stone cold, baby. God knows I try to feel happy for you.
Know that I am, even if I can't understand.
I'll take the pain, give me the truth
Me and my heart will make it through.
Even if happy is him, I'm happy for you,

Music began playing, and Kiku, (Yao's brother) disappeared, Yao assumed to take pictures of the couples. He could see Alfred and Ivan, together on the edge of the dance floor, swaying happily, surrounded by other couples. The albino and the Canadian, the Hungarian and the Austrian, the German and the Italian. The other Italian and the Spaniard. All of them were happy. They had each other, and here Yao was, on the edge, looking through his phone, begging for someone, anyone to call or text him so he could be distracted. Naturally though, his begging went unheeded, and his eyes were repetively drawn to the smiling couple. He watched as Ivan would occasionally lean down and kiss Alfred, and how Alfred would bury his head in Ivan's shoulder, and how Ivan would nestle his face into Alfred's hair. Yao would admit, he was jealous. It used to be /him/ that Ivan would hold like that. That Ivan would kiss and snuggle against. But now the Russian was the American's to hold, to love, and Yao was left here, by himself.

Don't wanna be stone cold, stone...
I wish I could mean this, but here's my goodbye,
Oh, I'm happy for you, know that I am.
Even if I can't understand.
If happy's him, If happy is him, I'm happy for you.

The ball ended, and the representatives all began going their separate ways. Yao came up to Ivan right before he and Alfred left together.
"I'm happy for you. I just wanted you to know. You won't hear from me again. You won't see me again. Just go be happy. I love you. Goodbye, Ivan." With that the Chinese man turned, walking away. Tears clouded his eyes, but he didn't turn back. True to his word, it was the last time Ivan ever heard about him.....