Chapter 2 - Jamies POV

16th August - 2008

"Dear Darlin,

This year has gone so fast! One year ago we went on our first date. Not that we knew then that it was a date but I realise now that it was..."

16th August - 2007

I woke up to my alarm clock blaring in my ear.

"Shut up!" I mumbled, smashing my hand down on the annoying piece of plastic. The sunlight was flooding through the curtains blinding my eyes so I decided to get up. Today I started work earlier than usual so I had to get ready super fast. I work as a life guard at the searles caravan site. Not the best job but its a job. I changed into my red swimming costume then pulled my red shorts and white vest top over the top. I hate my uniform, its so boring. I was about to leave the house when my phone buzzed in my pocket.

From: Olly

Hey, just checking if there is any advancements in the plans for tonight? :)

To: Olly

Not yet. I finish work at 3 so I will text you then :)

My phone buzzed then the battery ran out. I definitely need a new phone.

I pulled my white trainers on and jogged out my door, locking the door behind me. It was only a five minute job from where I lived so it never took long. Five minutes later I reached the pool where I worked to find Jaymii waiting for me.

"Hey gurl" he winked, making me giggle. Jaymii is probably one of my best friends in Hunstanton. Yes he is gay, but I still love him to pieces.

"Your looking hot today" I flirted back.

"I heard that a new guy arrived yesterday and apparently he is really fit!" He exclaimed, making me crack up into laughter.

"Whats his name?" I questioned, taking my seat by the pool.

"Olly something" he replied casually, stroking his hand through his hair.

Wait, does he mean the Olly I met yesterday? I didn't know he was staying here. Its a small world.

"Anyway, do you wanna go out tonight? I fancy just going for a drink with my girlfriend" he grinned, putting on an overly camp accent.

"Sorry I can't. I'm meeting someone later" I apologised, blowing my whistle at a boy who was running at full speed around the pool.

"Who?" Jaymii asked, a shocked tone in his voice. "You have other friends?" He pretend cried.

"Just this guy I met earlier. He bumped into me yesterday and I hurt my ankle so he helped me home" I added, pulling my hair into a high ponytail.

The rest of the morning was filled with general chat and multiple whistle blows.

"Jamie! Look at what just walked in" Jaymii squealed, pointing over towards the entrance of the pool.

"Damn he is hawt!" He whispered, making me laugh slightly. I looked closer to see it was Olly. He was wearing a pair of red swimming trunks, some tan flip-flops, a white t-shirt and some aviator glasses.

"You think he is gay?" Jaymii continued, nudging me with his elbow.

I shook my head and laughed.

"I dont think so" I replied. Jaymii put on a sad face and slumped down in his chair.

Nothing ever happened at the pool. I would blow my whistle at a few kids that were running or being stupid and that was it.

"That hot guy has been staring at you for the last ten minutes" Jaymii chuckled, pointing over to where Olly was sitting.