Jay

*3 days later*

It had been three days since I last saw Layla. Somehow even though we had just met she stayed in my mind. During class my mind would drift to her. When I was working out I would wonder if she was doing the same. When I was at home I thought about whether or not she was thinking of me too.

Of course I had thought about texting her but I let Rodney persuade me otherwise.

" The fuck? You can't text her until 3 days have passed." He said when I asked.

"That's dumb why not?" I asked him thinking it was the most stupid shit I had ever heard.

"Because, if your gonna pursue a relationship with this girl then eventually your gonna wanna do everything for her. No point in giving her that edge before you have to." He said with an all knowing smirk.

In a really, really, weird way I guess he was right. That's why I usually went to him for help and advice instead of everyone else in the squad. Don't get me wrong everyone else is great but they all have these certain flaws that make me hesitant to talk to them. Derek is kinda conceited and dosnt really think passed step 1, Tae is brutally honest and has no filter and that makes him good for telling us the truth about situations but he also dosnt really have a helpful bone in his body, Laura and Lucy are sweet out loud but there also a tad judgmental so it makes whatever advice they offered bias, last but not least our friend John sometimes just dosnt think about what he's saying so it's weird getting advice from him. Not to say Rodney dosnt have flaws: he's loud, rude, talkative, and kind of annoying, but he's also an Aquarius like me and secretly kinda smart and loyal so he's usually the guy I go to.

Finally tho the three days is up so I Kan text here freely.

After our conversation I called Rodney

"Hey bro what's up"

"Nun really at the brib with Laura"

"Ok cool I texted Lay"

"Bool bro how'd that go?"

"Lol it was nice fr just sorta taking it slow trying not to come on to strong."

"That's good Brodie lemme know if you need me"

"Bet"

After I got of the phone I really had nothing to do so I went into my movie room and played some madden. Madden is literally like an escape where the most dominate factor to ever see a football field so it's pretty relaxing. Hmm maybe I should do something productive....nah.