On the Train

Chapter 3:

On the Hogwarts Express

"Candy anyone? Anyone want to buy a chocolate frog?" Said the lady as she pushed the trolley through the train. Ron, Ginny, Harry and myself were all in the same carriage.

" I'll have two chocolate frogs please." Said Ginny.

"Same here!" I said. The lady smiled at us and handed over the 4 frogs.

"Who did you get?" Harry asked us.

"I got... OH MY GOODNESS HARRY I GOT YOU!" Ginny squealed.

"You're pulling my leg! Let me see." Harry replied. But sure enough, Harry was on the card!
"That's bloody incredible!" Ron said, astonished. "Who'd you get Hermione?"

'I got Rowena Ravenclaw and... I got Dumbledore." Our compartment went silent, until a familiar face opened the door.

"Well hello guys!" Said the spacey Luna Lovegood, "I have been looking for you everywhere! I thought I should warn you that there are an awful lot of nargles hanging around in compartment 31, so steer clear of there!" She looked happy with herself for warning us, and closed our door and walked away. We all looked at each other, trying to conceal our laughter until she was out of sight. Once she was gone, the laughter obviously carried through to next door, as shortly afterwards another head popped in. this time it was none other than the blonde haired boy, who we had all come to dislike until quite recently.

"Oh, er, sorry to interrupt. I just heard the laughter and wanted to come and say hi and ask how you all are and if you enjoyed the holidays and oh dear I'm speaking very quickly aren't I?" Draco came to realise, and his cheeks gained some colour.

"That's ok!" Ginny comforted him, "Would you like to come and sit down?" She asked politely.

"Er, I think I'd best be going, Paisley will probably be looking for me." He said awkwardly. "Well, it was nice seeing you!" he said, before running off.

"Ummm, anyone else think that was a bit weird?" I asked.

"Definitely."

"Without a doubt." The boys both agreed.

"I think it was nice that he came to see us though!" Ginny said, positive as always.

"I guess..." I reply, "Do you think Paisley and him are a couple now? They seemed awfully close towards the end of last year." I ask.

"According to Cho and her friends, they started going out over the holidays, but now its complicated between them, and no one knows what exactly is going on." Ginny said.

"Oh well, I guess we'll find out soon enough!" Ron said.

Ginny then crawled over my legs to sit with Harry, and they fell asleep on each other shorty afterwards. Ron and I looked at each other awkwardly, before he pulled out a newspaper, and I my book, and we both read until we arrived at Hogwarts.