3rd Feather

68 days.

Juuzou Suzuya has been courting the sickly girl for 68 days already. Things have taken their turn for the better.

Amon was taking his break from paperwork so he decided to buy some canned coffee in the vending machine.

He glanced around as he waited for the machine to process what he wants. He spotted the albino haired individual sitting on a cushioned bench as he stared at nothingness. The person was leaning on the wall, humming softly.

"...Suzuya-kun?" Amon asked.

The mentioned guy flinched and stared at the person who has called for his attention.

"Yessss?~" He asked, tilting his head in a 90° angle.

"Are you alright?" The older man asked as he took out the can from the dispenser and sat beside his acquaintance.

"No, I'm not alright~" The younger male answered, looking at his stitches. "I can't breath. My heart aches~" he swayed his legs back and fro as he convey his feelings with a smile, contrary to how he should really react.

"Wh-what!? Would you like me to take you to the infirmary?"

"No~ I just want to see her!~ It's her birthday today!~" He faced his senior and grinned.

"Her?"

"My wife to be!~"

Amon smiled. "So you're getting married? Who's your fiancée?"

Suzuya tilted his head once again. "What's a fi-an-see?~"

"It's fiancée." The other man corrected. "It's the woman you are engaged with."

"Engaged?"

"It's the promise to be married." Amon tried to explain.

"Ohhhhh~ She's the girl who was in the hospital when the S-rated ghoul had his feast." Suzuya answered.

'Such a peculiar way of meeting,' Amon thought, sweatdropping.

"...So you do have your engagement ring, right?"

"...What's that?"

"It's .... the object that binds your promise of marriage."

"I see!~  .... Nope. We don't have one. In fact, she still have not approved of our marriage."

"W-what?"

Suzuya shrugged with a smile. "I haven't asked her, that's why." He stopped. "But Amon-san, I keep dreaming of her. I feel this weird feeling in my chest whenever I hear her laugh that sounds like a pig choking.~ I want to cherish her. I want to stay by her side... What does this mean, Amon-san?"

"...You love her." Amon concluded, slightly surprised that the person beside him can feel this emotion. But he can't help but feel haply for the individual.

"...Love?~ ..Hmm. I see~" Suzuya thought for a while.. "I can marry her then, right?"

"Yes. If she agrees when you propose."

"...What's propose?"

"..Oh dear."

+++++++++

"I see." I mumbled, nodding to myself.

"It's.. It's going to be alright. Okay?" Doc said, trying to cheer me up.

"It's fine. I understand." I weakly smiled as I reached for the yarn ball I was using for knitting... O can't seem to find it.

"Here." He thrust it in my hands.

Man, I'm so helpless.

I glanced at doc who has this constipated face.