9

As much as I would love to run away, Zachary can't do anything for himself. So for the whole week, I've been visiting him every day twice a day to get him cleaned up.

I bring chocolates, biscuits and even fresh flowers to liven up the room. Of course, I talk to him and tell him things that's going on. Just doing it to see if that'll help him wake up in anyway.

Damon and Kael have been discharged but are stuck in their homes resting and recuperating.

Later today, I'll be going to the hospital to see him again. I'm gonna bring some soup that I boiled. Maybe the aroma will wake him up? I don't know.

"I'm going to see Zachary, mum!" I shouted to her from the doorway as she was busy in the kitchen.

"Sure," she shouted back.

With a spin and the closing of the door, I jumped into my dad's old (and barely used) car and headed for the hospital.

When I reached, everything was in place. Zachary still lay on the bed, and the place was so serene.

I placed the soup container on the table beside his bed and took the flowers out of the vase, removed the overnight water and replaced it with fresher water. After which I sat down and started talking to Zachary.

"Hey, how's it going? I really hope you'll wake up soon. To be honest, I miss that cockiness and arrogance of yours. You sure have a lot of that. Oh yeah, today has marked a week since you've been in a coma," I paused and breathed.

Maybe I should talk about my feelings. Perhaps my feelings for him? Would that wake him up? It's worth a try, right? What can he do? He's in a coma!

"So... uh," I shuddered. "I kinda needa tell ya somethin'..."

I took a huge breath and felt my face becoming flushed with embarrassment, but I confessed quickly anyway.

"IloveyouZacharyHuxleyDoyoulovemetooYoudon'thavetosayyesbutpleasejustwakeupReallythat'sallIcareaboutnowpleaseZachary!!!!"

After the long message squeezed into one breath, I started gasping for air. Suddenly, I saw from the corner of my eye that there was a slight movement on the bed.

A finger! Two fingers! Three! After a while more, all fingers! Zachary's five fingers started to clench his fist!

I looked up. His eye lids were vibrating. Then it started fluttering. Soon, it was open!

"Zachary!" I yelled, too excited watching him awake to even any doctors or nurses.

He was slowly stirring awake. Zachary, he's okay! I started crying tears of joy.

-------%%%-------
ZACHARY'S POV
-------%%%-------

"IloveyouZacharyHuxleyDoyoulovemetooYoudon'thavetosayyesbutpleasejustwakeupReallythat'sallIcareaboutnowpleaseZachary!!!!"

I was stunned.

Dalanie... the sassy Dalanie just confessed?! That she loves me?!

Oh great! What should I do? I'm here trapped in my own mind and it's so difficult to wake up. I really feel like wrapping my arms around her waist and kissing her, but I can't.

Guess the only way I can do that is to wake up. I moved my fingers a little. It took a lot of effort but nothing happened.

I tried again, willing my fingers to move. I managed to move my fingers a few times before when people were talking to me. But this time was different.

I was trying to wake up.

Desperately, I tried to move my fingers - it worked a little! Next, my hand. Gathering energy, I moved my hand a little, then once I got the hang of it, clenched my fist and used this fist as a power station of getting my whole body to get up and work.